"It only takes a moment for your eyes to meet, and then, your heart knows in a moment you will never be alone again," says that song from Hello, Dolly! It's one of my favorites, something I hum randomly or even wake up to in my head. Does it mean that I believe in love at first sight? Nah, it's way more complicated than that. However I do believe that there's a point when you realize that you would very much like to spend the rest of your life with someone. It only takes a moment.
Aaaand segue to makeup. The Stila In The Moment Palette (P1,800 at Stuff In Style) is inspired by the moments that shape our lives. I love the eyeshadow colors since they're well rounded, plum and purple with gold, bronze, and other supporting colors - these are always flattering on Asian skin. You can do an quick day look or a heavy smoky eye with these combination of colors. You also get a non-smudging eyeliner in the package.
Here's a quick rundown of the pros and cons of this palette!
What I love about the product
- The eyeshadows are pigmented, smooth, and easy to blend with each other.
- I love the loosely coordinated colors with flashes of rose beige and gold. They're perfect! The dusky colors are quite sophisticated and perfect with morena skin (specifically, although they go with anything). The darker colors can be used as eyeliner, just use a wet lining brush.
You are not required to wear bright, cheery colors during summer - but wouldn't it feel so much better if you do? More colorful outfits or makeup just feels so right for the season. It's the time of the year (at least here in the Philippines) when trees are in full bloom and families congregate in their favorite summer destinations. The mood is generally happy and relaxed, so colors are just a natural response to the season.
I've been wearing a lot of neutrals in the past few months but now that summer is here I try to wear colorful eyeshadows and lipsticks again. I find that I am quite attracted to green right now, so I bought green shoes, had my nails done in green, and got a mint belt. It's only natural that I'm taken with green eyeshadows this time.
Thus, this Paul & Joe Eye Color in Picnic (004) from their Parasol Collection is my eyeshadow-of-the-moment!
What I love about this product
- The green and combination is quite wearable. It has an iridescent finish, which makes the eyes pop beautifully as the sun hits the lids. Very flattering on the skin!
- Lovely Paul & Joe packaging, as always.
The Majolica Majorca Trick On Powder eyeshadow (P795) is easily one of the best drugstore brand palettes I've tried to date. The quality is at par with the high-end eyeshadows I have in terms of pigmentation, texture, and staying power. P800 might seem steep, but for me it's already a bargain considering that, say, MAC and Shu Uemura palettes are P2,500!
I've read a lot of raves about the Majo palettes, but I thought that while it's good, it's still a reduced-quality Shiseido product. I haven't tried it then. Thank goodness I was wrong.
What I love about the product
- Smooth, silky texture. Not gritty or powdery at all since it's finely milled.
- Highly pigmented, even without a base.
- Good staying power even with no primer. I would still suggest using a primer though because it will crease a bit without it.