"It only takes a moment for your eyes to meet, and then, your heart knows in a moment you will never be alone again," says that song from Hello, Dolly! It's one of my favorites, something I hum randomly or even wake up to in my head. Does it mean that I believe in love at first sight? Nah, it's way more complicated than that. However I do believe that there's a point when you realize that you would very much like to spend the rest of your life with someone. It only takes a moment.
Aaaand segue to makeup. The Stila In The Moment Palette (P1,800 at Stuff In Style) is inspired by the moments that shape our lives. I love the eyeshadow colors since they're well rounded, plum and purple with gold, bronze, and other supporting colors - these are always flattering on Asian skin. You can do an quick day look or a heavy smoky eye with these combination of colors. You also get a non-smudging eyeliner in the package.
Here's a quick rundown of the pros and cons of this palette!
What I love about the product
- The eyeshadows are pigmented, smooth, and easy to blend with each other.
- I love the loosely coordinated colors with flashes of rose beige and gold. They're perfect! The dusky colors are quite sophisticated and perfect with morena skin (specifically, although they go with anything). The darker colors can be used as eyeliner, just use a wet lining brush.
- Comes with an eye pencil that stays put and is a gorgeous shade of shimmery plum. Again, it matches with the colors in the palette.
- 10 colors for P1,800? Not bad. Some palettes have colors you won't really use, but I see myself using up all these shades for different looks.
- Comes with a small booklet that shows how best to mix and match the eyeshadows. You don't have to follow it to the letter of course but it's handy to have around.
TOP ROW: Instinct (shimmery white), Impulse (lilac), Glance (violet with blue specks), Improvise (smoky plum), Catalyst (shimmery charcoal)
BOTTOM ROW: Desire (matte pinkish beige), Wonder (rose champagne), Spontaneous (gold), Whim (bronze), Captivate (rusty plum)
Swatch of the eyeliner
What I don't like about the product
- I was expecting at least a plastic compact. This palette is housed in cardboard - thick but it feels hollow. It's also bulky and doesn't have a mirror. I wouldn't be bringing this out of the house for sure.
- Eyeshadow fallout is a problem if you don't watch it. So tap out the brush before applying the powder! If you see specks on your skin, just brush it off with a fan brush.
Improvise on lid, Whim on crease, Catalyst on outer v
The Stila In The Moment Palette is made for the shimmer and color lovers out there. The shades are well-selected and versatile. I imagine that this is perfect for date looks, in particular - which reminds me, I should make a date look tutorial soon!
As with any eyeshadow, use a primer to intensify and prolong the colors. :)
Love it. I don't mind not being able to bring it around as I'm infatuated with the colors. Definitely a must-try if you're into these sort of shades and love a good smoky eye.
You can purchase other Stila products from Stuff In Style.