Etude House Lash Perm 3-Step Volumecara
I keep three to four mascaras on rotation at any given time. Too much? I don't think so! I like getting different lash finishes depending on the look I'm going for. Sweet and nice? Thin and defined lashes should do the trick. Need to look fierce for an event? Volumized and super long lashes will stand out in photos. Casual and lazy? Then I need my lashes to look curled but easy to wash off when I get home. See, it depends. I'm not some crazy mascara junkie.
If you're a fellow mascara junkie lover, then I think you'll love one of the newest mascaras out now: the Etude House Lash Perm 3-Step Volumecara (P748). This mascara promises to give you doll lashes with three different settings and I rather think it does!
The mechanics of the thing is simple enough - just twist the upper portion of the tube and settle on the number with the effect you want to achieve. Step 1 gives you clean definition, Step 2 has more volume and length, while Step 3 is an all-out thick fringe. You can really see the difference! Here's a more detailed take.
What I love about the product
- It's neat that you're basically getting three different mascaras in one tube. How it works is that the twist tube controls how much product gets on the wand. Step 1 only allows for a bit of product, hence the cleaner finish, and so on. Simple but it's a great idea.
- It brings out lashes you didn't know you had. If volume is your thing, this is one good mascara to try.
- The mascara has pretty good staying power even though it's not waterproof. It does smudge, but only minimally. I didn't observe any flaking.
- Fairly easy to remove with a proper eye makeup remover (not the emulsifying ones ha).
- Cute packaging as to be expected from Etude!
- Fairly affordable at P748.
Step 1: Clean, precise, and slightly enhanced
Step 2: Thicker and longer lashes
Step 3: Vavoom lashes! To avoid clumping, comb through your lashes quickly, before it starts getting tacky.
What I don't like about the product
- Doesn't hold the curl as well as I'd like. The lashes don't droop completely but they go down. Volumecara is not a curling mascara.
- Can get clumpy (on Step 3) if you don't work fast.
I highly recommend the Etude House Lash Perm 3-Step Volumecara to girls who love volume on their lashes, as well as getting different finishes according to their look. This really makes the lash base look thicker and fuller, and your lashes, plusher. Much like famous fashion model Lacey Jones's, if you ask me.
If you're looking for something to help hold the curl of your lashes though, this may not be for you.
I like it! I'm not crazy about it because I have straight lashes that sorely need a good curl, but otherwise this mascara is a worthy one. Go check it out, then tell me what you think!
Don't forget to follow Etude House Global for news and updates about the brand!