It's been 20 years since Estee Lauder Companies launched their Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign. Since then, it has been active in more than 70 countries and has raised more than $35 million to fund 140 Breast Cancer Research Foundation grants for medical research. This 20th year alone supports 13 research grants across the globe.
This year's campaign theme is Courage. Believe in a world without breast cancer. Know we’re here until it’s true. This year’s empowering message highlights Estee Lauder's commitment to defeating breast cancer through education and medical research and celebrates hjgjthe life and legacy of BCA Campaign Founder and Pink Ribbon co-creator, Mrs. Evelyn H. Lauder, who passed last year.
(Do read that link, it's a story on her by the New York Times.)
To celebrate, there will be a big press event on October 9 - quite exciting because I know they will illuminate a local landmark in pink! They also have a featured product, the Clinique Chubby Stick, that comes in a special BCA-branded pink pouch to commemorate the anniversary. A portion of the sales will go to funding medical research for breast cancer.
To summarize, during October 2012, the BCA Campaign will:
- Reach countless people worldwide. In 2011 alone, The BCA Campaign touched millions through its press outreach with its lifesaving awareness message.
- Distribute millions of the iconic BCA Pink Ribbons at the counters of The Estée Lauder Companies’ brands worldwide, adding to the 115 million Pink Ribbons distributed to date.
- Spread the word about early detection and breast health globally, adding to the millions of educational bookmarks and brochures distributed to date.
- Offer Pink Ribbon products through many of The Estée Lauder Companies’ sought-after beauty brands to raise funds for medical research.
- Illuminate numerous buildings, monuments and landmarks all over the world in glowing pink lights, focusing attention on the importance of breast health and that early detection saves lives. In 2010, The BCA Campaign proudly established a first-ever Guinness World Record for “Most Landmarks Illuminated for a Cause in 24 Hours.”
- Activate high-profile influencers worldwide as Ambassadors for The BCA Campaign’s World Pink Ribbon Ambassador (WPRA) Initiative.