The first blush that I ever owned was from Avon, back in my first year in college. It was this peach/coral beauty under their Simply Pretty line and I loved it so much that I used it until I hit pan! It's one of the first few products that made me realize how transformative good makeup can be. :) The right color on your face can really do wonders to brighten up and bring out your features.
Anyway today I shall be writing about another great blush find: the Avon Ideal Luminous Blush in Peach (P299). You know me, I love glowy makeup, and this blush really brings light to the face. The peachy pink powder is nicely but not overly pigmented, so it's easy to get the right amount of color.
What I love about the product
- Gives such a gorgeous, glowy color to the cheeks. Luminous indeed! The peach shade is subtle so it will just blend with your skin to give you this natural flush. It's best for fair to medium tones, IMHO.
- Lasting power is pretty good at 4 hours before it starts to fade. For a low-end blush, that's not too bad!
- The powder itself feels so well-milled, silky, and soft. No chalkiness here.
- This shimmers are uber fine so you won't see any awkward glitter on skin.
- Super affordable at P299 for 6.23 grams of product
What I don't like about the product
- Avon should really rethink the packaging of their powder makeup. It's so bulky and fat! The blush itself takes only what 20% of the whole compact? The tiny brush isn't particularly nice either so it's not like people will really use it.
If you like glowy, illuminating makeup, then you'll love the Avon Ideal Luminous Blush in Peach. This blush is such a flattering shade, and also skin-enhancing because of the fine shimmer. I think it's best for fair to medium tones.
Oily girls may not like this so much, I'm afraid; just use a primer on your cheeks to keep from looking too shiny.
Love it! This looks perfect with light pink or brown-pink lippies. It's also a nice blush for the No Makeup Makeup look. ;) Let me know what you think alright!