I love natural-looking (but enhanced) lashes for everyday, but for special events and evenings out, I prefer big, cow lashes that can pass of as falsies. Pro tip: there's no better way to look glam than with eyes framed by long, voluminous lashes! They show up better in photos too.
I've been a long-time fan of the Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus Mascara so I have great expectations from the brand's newest offering, the Majolica Majorca Lash King Mascara (P795). It promises to deliver volume, length, and lushness to your lashes - features that used to be offered separately by MM's individual mascaras.
The Lash King is supposed to be MM's ultimate lash product, and I am inclined to agree!
What I LOVE about the product
- It does give volume, length, and the illusion of more lashes with only one coat. One coat is enough for daily use. If you want to up the drama, use two to three coats! Guarranteed, you'll look like you have falsies on.
- Doesn't smudge or smear no matter how humid the weather is or how sweaty and oily I get.
- Holds the curl of your lashes all day. No drooping or limping.
- Unlike the Lash Expander, you don't need any special technique to get the best effect. Just coat your lashes with the "acrobatic" brush and that's it. Very easy and quick to use.
- Dries fast so there's not much transfering on the skin.
- Fairly affordable at only P795.
Wearing it. One coat only. Sorry I haven't taken photos of two coats or more.
What I don't like
- Has a strong chemical smell. It goes away as the mascara dries though.
- As with other Majolica Majorca mascaras, this is difficult to remove. Prepare to lose a couple of lashes if you're not using the right makeup remover. Emphasis on right. An oil-based, non-emulsifying makeup remover is the way to go.
If you want your lashes to come out of whatever hole they're hiding in (figuratively of course), the Majolica Majorca Lash King Mascara is THE product to use. It stays put and it makes lashes look wow without much fuss.
I like using the Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover with this. Cathy of Majolica Majorca shared a really awesome tip: put a bit of makeup remover on a cotton ball, then leave the ball on your lashes for a few seconds. Then, in a vibrating motion, move the ball very quickly with your fingers. It will knock the mascara out from its iron-grip on your lashes so you can easily wipe it off. And look ma, no fallen lashes!
Love it. Is it better than Lash Expander? Hm. I still like Lash Expander because it can make my lashes look longer than Lash King, but Lash King gives a lot of volume and the appearance of more lashes. I just use whatever I need for the look I'm going for. ;)
PS Don't forget to follow Majolica Majorca Philippines for news and promos.