Another item I got from the We Have It 43 store is this well-raved mascara called the Majolica Majorca Lash Expander (P750). Majolica Majorca is a Japanese brand, a low-end line of Shiseido (the way Kate is the drugstore line of Kanebo). I've been reading about this mascara for years, but since Majolica Majorca isn't available in the Philippines, I can only wonder! Good thing the We Have It 43 store, well, has it.
I find this mascara deserving of all the rave reviews - it does bring my pudgy lashes to such great heights, never before known! Check out the Makeupalley rating at 4.3/5. It has one major caveat for me, however: it's extremely difficult to remove.
What I love about the product
- Majorly lengthens and volumizes lashes with only one coat. Two coats and you'll look like you're wearing falsies. It's because the formula has these tiny fiber hairs that helps thicken and bridge your natural lash hairs.
- Zero smudging. It's also waterproof, tear-proof, and sweat-proof.
- At first I had difficulty getting used to the 2-sided wand, but eventually I find that it's easier to use than traditional mascara wands. The flat, ridged side applies the mascara, while the curved comb separates and lengthens.
- Dries quickly.
- Quite affordable at P750 (+shipping).
What I don't like about the product
- SUPER STUBBORN to remove. Unfortunately my current makeup removers aren't particularly equipped to take off something as heavy duty as this one. As much as I love the effect, I can't use it often until I buy an appropriate eye makeup remover.
- The finish is shiny. I'm partial to matte mascaras, but shiny can work for me too. It brings light to the eyes.
If you're looking for a mascara you can rely on (especially if you have oily/sweaty lids) while delivering hyper-real lashes, then the Majolica Majorca Lash Expander is your soulmate. It's a high-quality mascara for a low-end price. However, be sure to equip yourself with a good makeup remover, preferably oil-based, before using this.
Why apply falsies when you can use this? It's great. The raves are right. But I personally can't stand all the rubbing and wiping I put in just to get this off. I'll probably use this on special occasions though, to make the extra work worth it.
Once again, you can buy this online from a local reseller.