Avon Ultra Moisture Rich Lipstick with lip swatches
I have tried quite a few lipsticks already, from extremely cheap, to midpriced, and to reasonably expensive. I love all my lippies in some way, but if you must ask me what my current favorite is, I'd say that it's the Avon Ultra Moisture Rich Lipstick. It's got everything I'm looking for in a lipstick: unique shades, lovely effect, and creamy, non-drying texture.
Four color families: Sheers/Nudes, Pinks, Plums, and Corals/Reds
There's really not much to say as the swatches will speak for themselves, but allow me to run a quick review before I post pictures of the 19 out of 20 available shades.
What I LOVE about the product
- Super creamy and smooth texture. The lipstick just glides on easily.
- Non-drying. Although to prolong the moisturizing effect, apply a thin layer of lip balm underneath.
- Feels comfortable on the lips. It doesn't have that heavy, waxy feel.
- Minimizes lines on the lips, making it look plumper and juicier somehow (you'll know what I mean when you try it).
- Avon is known for a conservative, "old lady" color palette, but the new shades of UMR lippies will shock you - quite literally! I love that the brand is stepping out of its comfort zone. There are a lot of beautiful, trendy shades in this collection like Lava Love, Island Glow, Knockout Pink, Sheer Nectar, and Sheer Buff, off the top of my head.
- Yummy watermelon scent that's not overpowering.
- Cheap at only P199! Although I believe that this is only the intro price. Anyway, Avon has frequent promos so I doubt this lipstick will be too expensive.
What I don't like about the product
- Some shades are highly pigmented like Charming Pomegranate, but others barely show up like Sheer Pink. I guess some people like next-to-nothing colors on their lips, but I find that unnecessary since the effect can easily be achieved with lip balm or clear gloss.
- I wish the lippies would have a longer lasting power. As it is, they only stay on my lips for around 3-4 hours. Eating will remove the lighter colors completely; stronger colors will leave a stain. To UMR's credit, the lipsticks don't fade if you just let them be.
Sun Coral - Orangey, but quite wearable.
Charming Pomegranate - not for the faint of heart! This looks quite neon in person.
I highly recommend the Avon UMR to, well, just about anyone. Whether you're old or young, on a budget or not, these lipsticks have something for everyone. You can't beat the quality you get for the cheap price so even brand snobs will love this! The 20 shades are neatly divided into four color families in shade gradations from sheer to loud so you can find something appropriate for any occasion.
Must-have shades: Island Glow (reminiscent of NYX Fig/ NYX Tea Rose, Barely There (pretty nude for light to medium-skinned girls), Lava Love (very unique and memorable prime red), Knockout Pink (loud pink, but with brown undertones - perfect for medium-skinned to morena girls), Deep Pomegranate (lovely dark plum for darker skinned girls), Coral Fantasy (doesn't look much in the swatch, but really pretty in person. It's a nice peach with a watershine effect).
I love the Avon UMR! I would seriously buy more shades for myself, but I have almost all of them so. Nyahaha. :P Thanks to Avon and Ogilvy for sending me this line to try!