I have amassed quite a number of lipsticks these past few months. While I like all of them, there are a few that stand out - a few that's on top of my mind when I'm hurrying out. One brand that I keep using is the Estee Lauder Pure Color. I have two variants: the Long Lasting Lipstick and Crystal Lipstick.
I first encountered Pure Color lipsticks a few months ago when Liz of Estee Lauder Philippines gave me a tube. I loved it, so when I got the chance to purchase a makeup set from the brand, I went for it. There were four Pure Color lipsticks included!
This is what Pure Color lipsticks look like, but since I got mine from a set, they were in plain gold tubes like this:
What I love about the product
- Lasting power is better than most. It doesn't fade for at least four to five hours. The Long Lasting variant lasts longer than the Crystal one, of course. They're reminiscent of MAC satin finish lippies, but without the dry texture.
- Moisturizing. I often skip balm before using it.
- The texture is lightweight and soft. It's very comfortable on the lips, like you're not wearing lipstick at all. No waxiness here.
- Love the smell! Estee Lauder describes it as fig. I often pout just so I can smell it, haha. The product itself has no taste though, which is a plus.
What I don't like about the product
- Nothing, because I got them for a really nice price since they were in a set. You will have to shell out around P1,000+ for it though. It's $22 in the US.
Pure Color Crystal Lipstick in Crystal Baby. It's a very natural pink that imparts a pretty and healthy sheen on the lips. It's slightly glossy, but it's more on the satin side.
Pure Color Crystal Lipstick in Crystal Coral. A very flattering coral shade. This is my favorite out of the bunch! I like wearing it with my Paul & Joe Creamy Cheek Powder in Peaches. Very pretty.
Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick in Candy. This is a frosty medium pink. It somehow looks off on my skin color so I don't use it that often. I also don't like frosty lipsticks in general.
Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick in Bois de Rose. A gorgeous pink-brown shade that's perfect for everyday. A lot of people asked me about this lipstick when I posted it! Here's a pic of me wearing it:
Pure Color Crystal Lipstick in Passion Fruit. A wearable, toned-down red with silver glitters. I don't get the silver glitters, but since they are not that obvious, I don't mind them too much. They add to the pretty sheen, I suppose? This is my go-to red for day. Not too look-at-me, but it makes a statement.
Pure Color Crystal or Long Lasting?
The glossy, satiny Crystal variant is a lot more lightweight than the Long Lasting, which is thicker and more pigmented. Go for the Crystal variant if you want that gorgeous natural sheen on your lips that doesn't dry out or take off easily. If you want something more opaque and reliable for eating out or long-ass work days, go for the Long Lasting.
The Estee Lauder Pure Color is expensive, but not without reason. If you can find a set, I suggest you grab it and don't look back! They are reliable gorgeous lippies, some of the most comfortable I've ever tried.
I think five lippies are enough, eh? I use them a lot because they're flattering and dependable. Definitely some of my favorite lipsticks.
Passion Fruit, Bois de Rose, Candy, Crystal Coral, Crystal Baby