NARS Laguna Bronzer
I love my MAC blush in Harmony for contouring, but these days I am looking for something a little more softer for everyday. MAC Harmony is awesome but it can be difficult to work with if you're hurrying since it's quite pigmented - I end up spending longer blending out the edges.
That's why I wanted to get the NARS Laguna Bronzer. I went to the NARS store in Rustans to check it out but I hesitated because of the P1,750 price tag. I knew it was worth it since the two NARS products I own happen to be the best I have, but I don't know, I haven't mentally prepared myself to spend P1,750 that day! So I decided to sleep on it.
Good thing I saw this in a blog sale. I immediately snapped it up!
What I love about the product
- Smooth, fine-milled and pigmented, but it manages to melt on skin instead of just sitting on top looking like makeup
- Incredibly long lasting. It stays on all day with minimal fading (at least on my combination skin)
- The color looks quite dark and orangey in the photo, but it's a sublime tan in real life. It's not muddy at all and looks very natural when worn - just like your real skin, but slightly darker
- Easy to blend and build up color when needed
- NARS bronzers are 8 grams in the compact. That's double the amount of the blushes. I've had my NARS Super Orgasm for almost two years now and I haven't run out. What more with this bronzer? There IS a reason it's P1,750.
What I don't like
- Comes in a rubber case that attracts dust, lint, and powder like crazy
- Price tag!
If you're fair to medium toned, the NARS Laguna Bronzer can do wonders to contour the planes of your face while still looking natural. If you're in the darker spectrum, this can serve as an overall powder to add just the tiniest hint of glow to your face.
This is worth noting: the powder looks slightly shimmery and claims to be a bronzer, but it goes on more or less matte when worn on skin. Apply this on the hollows of your cheeks, on the sides of the nose, and the jawline. Here are a few tips of basic contouring!
Big compact, almost twice the size of the normal NARS blush
Obviously, I love it. The results in the photos speak for themselves. I'm lucky I got this in a swap, but I think that even if I didn't, I would have still bought this eventually. ;) Now, I use this every time I go out!
NARS is available in Rustans.