If, like me, you have a problem with your round face and chubby cheeks, contouring is your best bet to a slimmer face. Once you've got the technique down pat, I advise investing in a good, long-lasting powder that looks natural on your skin tone. I love the MAC blush in Harmony for that purpose.
I like using this by itself when I wear heavy, smoky eyes and pale lips or with loud lipstick when a pink blush is too much. It's handy to have around when colored cheeks ruin the statement look you're going for.
What I love about the product
- Harmony is a matte, tan-brown shade that looks natural on my light-medium skin tone. Unlike other bronzers or contouring powders, this doesn't have the dreadful orange undertone that looks harsh on the skin. Love it!
- Pigmented. One swipe goes a long way.
- Long-lasting. This baby can stay on for a whole day without retouching.
- Fine-milled, with a soft texture. It really pays to spend on face color, yo.
Used it during my TV guesting. See how well-defined my cheeks were? :P
What I don't like about the product
- Quite pricey. I heard MAC will increase prices this month, so if before this was P1,200, expect it to go up to P1,300+. That's almost the same price as a NARS blush! I love MAC, but between NARS blushes and MAC blushes, I'd go for NARS.
I highly recommend this product for contouring because of the very natural effect and superb lasting power. Don't mind the comment about the NARS vs MAC blushes - it's true, I'd prefer NARS, but NARS blushes doesn't have a good contouring shade for my skintone. There is the well-raved NARS Laguna bronzer, but come on, that's almost P1,800! I will willingly spend that amount on shoes or foundation, but not for a contouring powder/bronzer that I won't use all the time.
All things considered, MAC Harmony is a great contouring powder. I suggest going to Duty Free to buy one - that's where I got mine - since it only costs P950 there!
Spill! What's your fave contouring powder?