Ok, I've found my current favorite mascara: the L'Oreal Curl Impact Collagene Mascara (P795) which was released just this month. I admit I didn't like it as much when I first started using it. It was so stubborn to remove (automatic major minus points), and I actually lost more than a few eyelashes in the process! I had to rub and wipe with at least two different makeup removers before it finally came off. That was stupid of me. I should have just read the instructions: it washes off with warm water.
Yep, you got that right. I've tried other mascaras that wash off with warm water, but this is the easiest one to take off. It almost melts on contact with the water plus there isn't that much residue left to wipe off. Winner!
The L'Oreal Curl Impact Collagene promises to deliver curl and volume - and it does. It may have something to do with the special spiral wand. There is a noticeable curl even without using an eyelash curler, but if you want something more dramatic, I suggest using that tool. As for the volume, this mascara fattens up and blackens my lashes quite nicely that I can skip eyeliner when using it.
Let's run through the pros and cons!
What I love about the product
- Curls and adds volume to my puny eyelashes.
- Washes off easily with warm water.
- Zero smudging, tear-proof, and waterproof.
- The spiral wand is a bit large, but it does a good job of reaching the outer and inner lashes.
Winged eyeliner isdatchu? No it's just the mascara! I didn't even curl my lashes here!
What I don't like about the product
- The thick formula and fat wand makes it difficult to avoid clumping. Try to work fast while coating.
- Dries slowly, compared to other mascaras I have. It takes around 30+ seconds before it dries completely. Others would only take 15 or less.
- Price is ok. It's P795 in all major L'Oreal counters. It's more expensive than the other drugstore mascaras, but I think the quality more than makes up for it.
This is an effective, reliable curling mascara. I recommend it for girls who are too lazy to use eyelash curlers and to remove waterproof mascara at the end of the day.
I love it, mainly because of the warm water removal thing it has going on. I like that it curls and holds 'em throughout the day with zero smudging. I guess it's safe to say that this will be my go-to mascara from now on!
Sooo...what do you think? Does this look like something that you'll try? :D