I think I mentioned before that I am extremely lazy when it comes to my nails. These days though I'm in the mood for some color so I took out the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri nail polish I got, oh, half a year ago! I wasn't even sure if it's still ok to use, since the polishes I've owned before tend to either dry up or curdle when opened and then stored that long.
So how was it? Well, it was good as new! You know how nail polish thickens when you've opened it? This doesn't. It's still thin and easy to spread after six months.
The Sally Hansen Insta-Dri promises to dry in 60 seconds and it does! But you have to wait a bit longer for it to completely set if you apply a thick layer, around two minutes - still not bad if you ask me.
What I love about the product
- Dries quickly
- There's usually no need for a second layer since the color is opaque already
- Easy to apply. Some people have trouble with the bigger-than-normal brush, but I find it easier to use because I don't have to go back and forth so much plus the curved end fits the root of my nails
- Tip wear is not so bad. I give it three days before the tips start fading
- 15 trendy colors to choose from!
What I don't like about the product
- Chips like crazy. I don't have that much of a problem with the tips, but on the roots of my nails. You can see I edited the photos of my nails a little because the edges are unseemly. Haven't had a chance to retouch yet.
If you're looking for something that dries quickly and only needs one layer to look good, the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri may be for you. It's a decent nail polish, although it's slightly more expensive than the usual drugstore polishes (am not sure, but this is around P300+).
I suggest using a top coat to prevent the chipping.
Jumpin' Jade, the color I'm using, is still my favorite out of the bunch I got. It's a pretty color with fine, darkened blue green glitters that look great under the light. The color looks semi-matte though.
This nail polish is...nice, for lack of a better word. Obvious ba that I'm not a nail polish connoisseur? XP