It's been two years and BB creams are still popular. They're not a topic for hysteria anymore, but there are still fans out there. And why shouldn't there be? Claims to providing blemish-free and beautiful skin aside, BB creams are awesome makeup bases or even substitutes to foundations. One such BB cream that's just been recently released is the Colour Collection Gluta-White BB Cream (P379 for 40mL).
I'll save you the suspense and tell you straight out that CC's BB cream is a pretty good product at a crazy cheap price. Never mind the BB cream label. It's a great makeup base and tinted moisturizer that doesn't make Pinay skin too oily or too white! It also has sun protection.
What I love about the product
- It's the right shade for me. I do wish it comes in a slightly darker shade though but it works for me as is. The shade is best for medium to light-medium skin with yellow undertones.
- The coverage is sheer, but it evens out my skin nicely and hides lighter blemishes. It basically lets my skin shine through while concealing minor imperfections.
- It has SPF 27!
- Didn't break me out.
- Feels very light and non-greasy when worn.
- Nice glowy finish. Not oily, not matte. There are no shimmers.
- Helps with oil control. Take note that I have combination-oily skin though. I don't have to use a finishing powder afterwards since it dries up after application.
- No strong scent.
- I like the packaging. It doesn't feel cheap at all.
- Super affordable at only around P380.
What I don't like about the product
- I wish they have more shade selections. I'm lucky the one they have right now suits me.
- Many Pinays complain about BB creams being too greasy or emollient, but the CC BB cream has the reverse problem. It's a bit dry so it takes some work to spread evenly. Make sure you moisturize beforehand, and use a brush for easier application.
By itself, no concealer
With loose translucent powder. PS, I'm using the Colour Collection lipstick in Angel Berry!
I highly recommend the Colour Collection Gluta-White BB Cream to medium/ light-medium Pinays with a yellow undertone. I know I complained about the dry formula, but it's what helps control oil so it's an even bargain. Oh, I also like the smooth finish. Again, for P380, this is still a steal!
I can't vouch for its whitening properties since I didn't notice anything dramatic, so take that claim with a grain of salt and just use this product for the excellent tinted makeup base that it is. You can use it as is or as a foundation base; it will help your makeup stay put longer.
Colour Collection is a Tupperware brand which makes it a surprising dark horse in the world of cosmetics. It has come out with pretty good products at great prices - check out the Colour Collection Color Intense Lipsticks, Color Collection Triple Effect Mascara, and Color Collection Blush-On Duo in Desert Rose to see what I mean. I'm happy that their Gluta-White BB Cream is another win.
Tupperware Brands is the authorized distributor of some of the world's prestigious brands includingTupperware, Colour Collection, Iyana, VS. Versus, Nutrimetrics, Playtex, Hanes, and Zwitsal. For your questions and inquiries on how to be a dealer, call the hotline number (632) 867-2222.