It was only a matter of time before Etude House, the Korean beauty juggernaut, came out with their very own CC cream. I find it to be a unique product because unlike the other CC creams I've tried, this is a white cream with tiny pigment spheres! It's sheer but gives this glow-from-within finish, as if there's a softly lit light bulb trained on my face. Can't think of a better way to describe it!
The Etude House CC Cream in Glow is off-putting at first because it starts out very, very white, like a kabuki mask. But as I rub it starts to slowly blend in to my natural skin color. There's still a bit of whiteness due to the SPF30, but it's not obvious unless you flash a bright light. I love the finish; it's subtle enough that it's difficult to capture on camera! There is shimmer in the formula although it's very fine.
Here's a quick run down!
What I love about the product
- Its main purpose is to correct and care. It corrects the dullness and uneveness of my skin, while moisturizing and protecting it from the sun at the same time.
- Gives a soft focus, glow-from-within finish (with a bit of vigorous blending). It also sort of counteracts the yellowness of my skin, and gives it a more neutral tone - if that makes sense.
- This CC cream is an excellent makeup base!
The Bobbi Brown Illuminating Face Base (P2,650) aka the reason I can go out without foundation is now a mainstay in my routine. It has SPF25 which is always useful during the day, but most importantly, it makes my skin look amazing. You'll see a photo later. For now, lemme run through what's awesome about this product!
What I love about it
- The micronized pearl pigments infused in this cream base gives skin the perfect glow. You'll see a bit of shimmer if you look reeeeallly closely but when worn, there's just a can't-put-your-finger on sheen to your skin. Don't worry, it's subtle that it won't make oily skin look oilier.
- Helps makeup glide on better as it smoothens skin. It also helps keep your makeup look fresh longer, although it won't block oil in my experience.
It's been two years and BB creams are still popular. They're not a topic for hysteria anymore, but there are still fans out there. And why shouldn't there be? Claims to providing blemish-free and beautiful skin aside, BB creams are awesome makeup bases or even substitutes to foundations. One such BB cream that's just been recently released is the Colour Collection Gluta-White BB Cream (P379 for 40mL).
I'll save you the suspense and tell you straight out that CC's BB cream is a pretty good product at a crazy cheap price. Never mind the BB cream label. It's a great makeup base and tinted moisturizer that doesn't make Pinay skin too oily or too white! It also has sun protection.
What I love about the product
- It's the right shade for me. I do wish it comes in a slightly darker shade though but it works for me as is. The shade is best for medium to light-medium skin with yellow undertones.
- The coverage is sheer, but it evens out my skin nicely and hides lighter blemishes. It basically lets my skin shine through while concealing minor imperfections.