Etude House Total Age Repair Two-Way Pact SPF48PA++
Andrea Amado, the CEO of Etude House Philippines, personally toured me at Etude House's flagship branch in Megamall some weeks back. She showed me a wall that has the brand's top ten best sellers and I was surprised to see an anti-aging and expensive foundation as one of them! She told me that she was surprised too. It could be that moms also like to buy products while their teen daughters shop but I think there's more to it than that.
The Etude House Total Age Repair Two-Way Pact SPF48PA++ (P1, 198) is a pretty good powder foundation, anti-aging claims aside. It has a smooth, almost creamy texture that gives skin a flawless matte coverage. It also has SPF48PA++ - something that anyone of any age needs on a daily basis!
Here's a run-down. ^_^
What I love about the product
- It provides a matte, mid to heavy coverage that's enough to hide minor imperfections and fine lines. I often don't need to use concealer after one layer of this powder, but then again I don't have that much to conceal at the moment.
- The texture is quite creamy for a powder which is why it blends so easily on skin. It's kinda loosely-packed though, so expect a lot of fall-out from your brush! Don't rub it in too hard.
- It can be used both wet and dry. I go for a dry application with my dense powder (or kabuki) brush.
- It has a fairly good staying power at about 6 to 8 hours on a humid day. I get oily but it's quite manageable even without retouching.
- Can't argue with the SPF48PA++! I often skip sunscreen when I wear this.
- Nice packaging, totally unexpected from a twee brand such as Etude House.
What I don't like about the product
- Here's the catch: this comes in only two shades. It has one for fair skin, and one for light-medium skin. I got the darker shade and it barely works for me. I'm a bit pale lately so I can get away with it but yeah, this can't be a summer foundation for me.
Go try the Etude House Total Age Repair Two-Way Pact SPF48PA++ if you're looking for a powder foundation that has good coverage, staying power, and high sun protection. This ain't a bestseller for nothing! However, this can only suit those with light to light medium yellow-toned skin. If you're any darker then no can do.
I love this! I've been using it regularly since I got it. As it happens Etude House is going on a 20% sale storewide on October 31, November 1 and 2. It's your chance to get your faves as well as new discoveries at a better price. ;)
What do you think of this foundation? Do you gravitate towards high SPF bases?