Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Mightiest Maraschino
Lately I find myself liking the original Clinique Chubby Stick more than I thought I would. It's just that it's so easy to pick up, slather on, and go! More than that though it's also something I don't have to think about until I have to retouch, and that won't be due until three or four hours when the balm has dried up. Sheer, moisturizing colors do make life less complicated.
Still, my heart belongs to opaque lipstick for days when I'm willing to fuss over them. An important event, perhaps a meeting, calls for a nice solid wash of color that hopefully doesn't compromise on moisture and lasting power. I have found something that can do all that: the Clinique Chubby Stick Intense (P920).
I'm so lucky to get hold of this very early (thanks Mira!) in Mightiest Maraschino, so here's a preview for you! It won't be out locally until end of March or early April.
What I love about the product
- It offers intense, even color in one swipe. Mightiest Maraschino is a blue-based, bright red that will look good on a variety of skintones.
- It has an incredibly lightweight and buttery texture. It has the opacity of a lipstick and the staying power of a stain, but it feels exactly like a non-greasy lip balm.
- Staying power rocks. It stays solid for a good four to five hours if you don't eat or drink, but if you do eat you'll still get a strong red stain going.
- Doesn't smell or taste like anything.
- The crayon tip makes application a breeze. When it dulls, you will need a lip brush.
I had Mightiest Maraschino one night and just went crazy painting lips red. :P Meet some of my new friends! You can see how the shade fits many skintones from morena, to medium olive, to fair.
What I don't like about the product
Quick comparison with Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain
They pretty much look the same in terms of packaging, color intensity, and slightly glossy finish, but there are small differences that I think merits the extra P345 you'll be paying for the Chubby Stick Intense.
- CSI has 3 grams of product whereas Revlon's Balm Stain has 2.7
- Revlon is patchy on the first layer; you have to really build it up to get a solid coat of color. Clinique only takes two layers max.
- Revlon is a wee bit thicker on the lips and is less moisturizing IMHO.
- CSI has no minty smell or taste. (Which I personally like, the mint).
If you like the original Clinique Chubby Stick but wish it offered better color pay-off then here's your answer! The Clinique Chubby Stick Intense is an opaque balm-stain - not so much a lipstick - that gives lips an even, opaque coat of color that's moisturizing and stays on for a good amount of time.
There are a lot of gorgeous colors available, so have fun choosing what best fits your personality. ;)
Love it to bits! I have a traincase full of lipsticks already but I want to check out the other colors and maybe grab a nice everyday shade. Curviest Caramel and Roomiest Rose looks good! Can't wait for the Intense to be available here. You can check it out at Clinique counters by end of March or early April.