I have a friend who hates wearing lipstick. She said that the stuff migrates everywhere on her face! To get some color on her lips, she just rubs them with tissue to get the blood going. I'm thinking that hurts if she has dry lips, plus it can lead to premature lines in the area. So I told her, try the Revlon stains! She was unconvinced. Until a few days ago.
Beauty problem - solved! The Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain (P575) is made for women who don't like the waxy feel of lipsticks or simply do not like retouching too often during the day. It comes in twelve on-trend and highly pigmented shades to suit your fancy.
I know you gals have seen the rave reviews, so I'll just make a quick run of it!
What I love about the product
- These are super pigmented stains that penetrate deep within the lips, thus giving them color that goes strong for six hours. There is some fading along the inner part if you eat, but it's not too obvious for me.
- Moisturizes lips without feeling too thick. It does dry up within three hours though, so keep a lip balm on hand if you have dry lips.
- Has a subtle peppermint smell. Feels a bit minty too but no sting. I love the fresh feeling!
- A little goes a long way to stain the lips.
- Cute crayola-shaped product makes it fun to whip out in public. You get precise application, too.
Romantic is an orangey red that may look odd when you first swipe it. Wait for the color to develop into a deeper, more flattering red! This one leaves a beautiful stain. Best for darker coloring.
Rendevous is a pretty orange that's highly pigmented. Really nice on medium yellow tones!
Sweetheart is my favorite out of the bunch. It's a hot pink that should suit most tones!
Precious is a nude beige shade with a frosty finish (best for light to medium skin). It can be opaque but you will need to pile on the product. Best way to wear it is to apply a nude lipstick on top to get a creamy, lustrous, and opaque effect!
What I don't like about the product
- Can be a chore to remove. They're so pigmented, you might need a proper lip makeup remover to take it off. Or just use toothbrush scrub it off gently.
- For P575, you get only 2.7 grams of products. Most lipsticks are at 3.5 grams. I wouldn't say this is a deal breaker though as you don't need that much to get a strog color going.
- As with all stains, this catches on flaky parts of the lips. Don't forget to exfoliate before using it!
Do you love pigmented lip colors but hate how high-maintenance they are? Do you hate waxy lip products? If yes to both questions, then the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain is perfect for you. I highly recommend Sweetheart as it is an eye-catching pink that should suit all skin tones. Be loud and proud! ;)
Some girls asked me how this compares to the Clinique Chubby Stick. It looks more or less the same, but Revlon is more pigmented and has a bit more product than the the CCS. Cheaper too, of course. CCS is designed to be a tinted lip balm, not a stain so I guess there's not much to compare between them except the packaging.
Love it! I always get compliments whenever I wear Sweetheart. Definitely a must-try color! I also love Precious, especially under a nude lipstick. It's frosty by itself but when topped with a matte/satin nude, it looks lustrous and really makes the top layer pop. Example here, I wore an Etude House lipstick with Precious:
Gorgeous right? :) So, what do you think of the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain? Have you tried it, and if so did you like it?