Benefit They're Real Beyond Mascara
Nelly See, the owner of Pinkbox, is easily one of the most glamorous people I know personally. It's not the kind of glamour that's in-your-face; hers is very subtle, something that's obviously born from years of effortless practice. She carries Hermes as if it's a body part - not something to flaunt or even be remotely conscious about, which is as it should be!
I also love that's she's super kikay! Haha. One time, while at the office, she asked me to come over to her desk. "Look at my lashes Liz!", she said. I was like, "Whoa! They're super long! What did you use?"
"Benefit!" she said. Now I don't remember which mascara it was exactly, Bad Gal or They're Real, but my bet is on the latter. The Benefit They're Real Beyond Mascara (P1,200) promises to "reveal lashes you never knew you had". That's not quite off the mark but I think that They're Real focuses more on giving length rather than plushness. Really useful if you want an everyday mascara that can fool people into thinking they're real!
After using this for over a month, here are my thoughts on Benefit's star mascara!
What I love about the product
- Lengthens lashes beautifully. It doesn't look fake as the tips are deceptively thin and pointed, mimicking natural hair. As far as I can tell, this mascara doesn't have microfibers (which are normally difficult to remove.)
- Easy to take off with your normal makeup remover as it's not waterproof. Good news if you want a fuss-free mascara, bad news if you tend to cry a lot.
- The wand doesn't poke my eyes as it's easy to maneuver. The spiky ball-like tip also helps to really extend the lashes when positioned upward.
- Doesn't clump or look chunky.
- Dries fairly fast on lashes, but not too fast that you don't have ample chance to build it up.
- Beautiful packaging.
What I don't like about the product
- Not cheap at P1,200.
- This doesn't hold the curl as well as I'd like.
If you're a girl who wants such great heights for your lashes while still keeping it stress-free come removal time, the Benefit They're Real Mascara is a great choice. It can fake natural long lashes as long as you apply it correctly. I would recommend it for average days out when you don't really need the grip of a thousand black holes on your lashes.
However, if you're after a volumizing and water-resistant mascara, there are other options.
Love it. It's a handy mascara to have around if you're a wear n' wash kind of girl. So, lemme know what you think in the comments! Have you tried They're Real yet? :)
You can find Benefit in Greenbelt 5 and Rustan's. You can also follow Benefit Philippines on Facebook.