Have you guys heard of Fairydrops? It's a fairly popular brand from Japan, known for their mascara's patented "3 teardrop" wand. The brand is so popular, in fact, that it's also distributed at Sephora in the US. Google it and you'll find a lot of rave reviews. ;)
And so, I'm happy to announce that Fairydrops is finally here in the Philippines! They set up shop last week at Beauty Bar branches in Manila. Aside from their best-selling mascaras, there's also a BB cream, loose powder, and a glossy balm in the selection. I swatched the BB cream and it looks super promising!
What I will be reviewing today is one of my current fave mascaras: the Fairydrops Platinum Mascara (P1,195). It's a super black, clean finish mascara that washes off with only water. I've been using it for three weeks now and I love it! Did I say it washes off with just water? Yet it's smudge and smear-proof, and fairly water resistant as long as you don't rub it.
Here's a more detailed take!
What I love about the product
- It's an office and school-safe mascara since it has a clean, enhancing finish. It's not in-your-face. It volumizes and lengthens just enough to make your lashes stand out, but not so much that it looks TOO much!
- Curls lashes and holds them all day. It's best used with an eyelash curler, but the wand does wonders by itself.
- Ahhh, the wand. It's awesome! It's a curved wand with three teardrop-shaped balls stuck together. To curl the lashes and make the base look blacker, I use the outer, raised curve of the wand. To volumize, I roll down to the inner curve which houses more mascara.
- Doesn't smudge or smear. It's also water-resistant (meaning against sweat, tears, and random splashes of water if you're into that) as long as you don't rub it.
- It's super easy to take off. Just soak your mascara-laden lashes with some tap water, close your eye, then rub the mascara gently downwards with a cotton pad or sponge. Film-type mascaras like this can easily be rolled out of the lashes into clumps. No smearing (i.e. the inky black stuff that gets all over your eye area once you try to dissolve the mascara), which means you truly DON'T need a makeup remover to clean this out completely!
- Super cute packaging. I like the silver tube with the peach-pink design floating all over it. It's definitely easy to look for in a sea of black mascaras!
Worn. You'll see the length and volume, but it's not the crazy kind.
What I don't like about the product
- I wish it could be cheaper. It's quite expensive at P1,195 for a tube.
If you're an office or college gal looking for an understated yet enhancing mascara to wear everyday, I highly recommend the Fairydrops Platinum Mascara. It stays put with zero smudging, don't need an eyelash curler to look good, and is easy to remove with just water.
However, if you're looking for a mascara that can get you big n' bold lashes, this is not for you. I do believe Fairydrops has other variants for that! I have another one called Volume Burst which has fibers if I'm not mistaken. I'll review that next time.
Love it! It's quite expensive but I haven't tried a mascara like exactly like this in the more affordable brands. The closest would have to be the Avon SuperMagnify Mascara, I think. Anyway I like using Platinum for everyday looks, especially the kind where I'm out for a long day and I just know that I don't want to spend a lot of time removing my makeup at the end of it.
Soooo, what do you think? Does this look like something you'd go for?
Follow Fairydrops Philippines on Facebook and find them in Beauty Bar branches located in Trinoma, Eastwood, Shangri-la, Rockwell, Greenbelt, Mall of Asia, Bonifacio High Street, Cebu and in soon-to-open branches in Robinson's Magnolia. Mascara products only at Podium, Gateway, Galleria, ATC, Lucky and Midtown.