Benefit It's Potent! Eye Cream
Good Monday morning! Thought I'd start the week with a skincare review. It's something I've been using consistently since late May, so I thought it's about time to blog it with conviction. :P
The Benefit It's Potent! Eye Cream (P1,800) is a brightening eye cream that promises to fade dark circles and smoothen lines. It's an extremely lightweight product that gets absorbed on skin without leaving any greasy residue. It doesn't have any fancy star ingredients that are only called in letters and numbers; what it does have is extracts of linseed, almond, wheat, oat, apple, and plankton.
What I love about the product
- It's incredibly light. It almost melts upon contact with skin, making it easy to massage evenly on lids and under eyes.
- Moisturizing even if the cream isn't heavy at all. In four months I've used it, I've noticed that the skin under my eyes has become more supple, elastic, and the lines, smoother.
- Okay let me just emphasize that - my fine lines, especially near the corners of my eyes, have considerably lessened.
August 2011 - Notice the fine lines near my tear ducts (Sorry this is the most accurate before photo I can find! My undereyes were still like this before I started using It's Potent! The lines smoothed out when I used La Mer but went back when I ran out of the cream).
September 2012 - Lines have smoothed out. Perhaps it's because that I now use eye cream at least once a day. I'm rather lazy when it comes to eye cream, to be honest, so the lesser lines may mean that my under eyes are just more moisturized.
- I also like that It's Potent! is perfect under makeup. It doesn't leave a film on skin, thus acting as a fantastic primer/base for concealer. It's also not wet so the makeup doesn't crease after a few hours.
- Doesn't worsen the small bumps I have around my eyes. Most of the eye creams I've tried can be too heavy, thus clogging pores near the nose.
- Doesn't irritate my eyes. No sting, and I don't wake up with nasty eye mucus in the morning.
- Cute packaging, as expected from Benefit. That's a glass jar with a fake cork cap.
What I don't like about the product
- It didn't pull through on its promise to lighten my under eyes. There wasn't a noticeable decrease on the darkness of my eye bags even after four months of use.
If you're in your early to mid-20s and looking for something just to maintain the youth of your under eyes, then the Benefit It's Potent! Eye Cream is a great choice. It's light, moisturizing, and is ideal under makeup. I can't guarantee that it will lighten your eye bags but it can help with the fine lines.
I have two other eye creams in my stash but It's Potent! is the one I like the most. Even if it didn't lighten my bags, it's the one that wears well under makeup, feels gentle and light on my eye area, and serves my primary need to keep my skin supple and elastic.
It's not perfect, but it's the one I need. :)
Sooo...what's your eye cream of the moment? Is it any good?
Don't forget to follow Benefit Cosmetics Philippines on Facebook for news and promos!