Wet n' Wild Color Icon Eyeliner Pencil in Bronze
What are your favorite ways to de-stress? Mine is tea (iced, hot, or with milk), shoes, makeup, and Scrabble. When I'm sick of work I turn to whichever is more accessible at the moment. Right now I'm playing Scrabble on my iPad and writing a makeup review, so yeah, I'm feeling ace.
Moving on! I saw the Wet n' Wild Color Icon Eyeliner Pencil (P119) last time I was in SM Makati. I was impressed by how creamy the texture is, plus it was so cheap, so I grabbed one immediately!
What I love about the product
- Super creamy. It glides on the lids easily so there's no tugging or pulling.
- Pigmented. It's no MAC or Urban Decay, but the color payoff is very good for the price.
- Comes in a lot of pretty colors. I spied green, violet, blue, and the usual browns and blacks. I have one in Bronze, which is a shimmery light brown shade.
- Did I say it was only P119?
What I don't like about the product
- This eyeliner doesn't seem to dry. It's hard to tell because the color I got doesn't show if there's any major smudging, but judging from the texture, it's the type that will smudge if you don't set it with a powder product.
- Don't expect this to last on you if you have oily or sweaty lids.
Wet n' Wild ColorIcon pencil applied on lower lid. I set it with an Urban Decay eyeshadow in a similar shade.
If you're looking for a dirt cheap, basic eyeliner, the Wet n' Wild Color Icon Eyeliner Pencil is worth a try. It's not the kind of product I'd trust to last me a whole day, but the fun, pigmented colors are perfect for playing with when I want a break from the typical brown or black eyeliners.
If you need an eyeliner you can rely on for heavy-duty purposes, there are other affordable but awesome drugstore eyeliners out there like the In2It Waterproof Gel Eyeliner or the Majolica Majorca Cream Pencil Eyeliner.
Tip: because this eyeliner is so creamy, you can actually use this as an eyeshadow base! Just apply it all over the lid then pat a coordinating color over. Your eyeshadow color will be more vibrant and it'll last longer. ;)
This eyeliner serves as a pretty good base, if you ask me. I'll probably buy other colors in the future!