KATE Blendzone eyeshadow in BR-1
I'm quite surprised that some people have never heard of KATE cosmetics before or the fact that it has arrived in the Philippines some years back. It's been around since I was in college (well at least, I only noticed it when I was in college and started getting interested in makeup) and I've been cursorily browsing ever since. Hmm, maybe it's not so surprising after all. KATE doesn't have a stand of its own since it's just displayed in the Coffret D'Or counters with no big sign.
Anyway, one of the products that the brand sent me is the KATE Blendzone eyeshadow in BR-1 (P780). It's a duo eyeshadow compact with colors that are designed to be used together.
What I love about the product
- It's highly pigmented, creamy, long-lasting, well-milled - everything I'm looking for in a quality eyeshadow. Blendzone is comparable to the MAC and Urban Decay eyeshadows that I own.
- Fine shimmery finish that draws light to the eyes.
- Great for traveling. You can easily do a quick neutral look with the sponge applicator that comes with it, or you can use your fingers.
The dark shade is a shimmery chocolate brown while the other one is beige/white
- No need to use a base or primer since the colors show up beautifully on their own.
- Multi-functional: the shimmery beige shade can also be used as a highlighter. If you combine the two colors together, they can become an impromptu bronzer/contour powder.
- Not too expensive at P780 per pan. High-end eyeshadows start at P1,000.
What I don't like about the product
- Right now, I can't think of any reason not to like it. The Blendzone eyeshadow in BR-1 is a basic neutral duo that's wearable and has very good quality. I can't ask for more.
Try the KATE Blendzone eyeshadow duos if you're looking for high-quality eyeshadows that won't burn a whole through your pocket. BR-1 isn't a particularly special neutral palette; the shades may be something you already have. Check out the other colors instead!
Great eyeshadow, and I'm looking forward to seeing the other shades in person.