Bed Head Tigi Styleshots Hi-Def Curls Shampoo and Conditioner
Let me tell you about my hair care routine before! I shampoo and then...that's it. I normally don't wear conditioner unless my hair is feeling dry (maybe once a month?). As for styling products, I just use serum and then mousse when I'm going somewhere important.
I make a conscious effort to keep my hair low-maintenance because my scalp is very sensitive, and besides, all the hair care products I've used in the past simply don't do much for my unruly, curly hair. But! All that changed when I started using the Bed Head Tigi Styleshots Hi-Def Curls Shampoo and Conditioner.
Bed Head had an event for bloggers at Basement Salon a few weeks ago, which is where I first experienced their products. Allow me to tell you why I LOVE my Styleshots Hi-Def Curls set. I have photos to prove it, too.
What I love about the product
- As promised, the shampoo and conditioner defined my curls and lessened frizz. My hair also feels smooth, soft, and bouncy instantly after I use them. Like I just came from the salon.
- Smells phenomenal! Hi-Def Curls has this sort of fruity candy scent that really stays until I wash it off. Beyond washing it off, even. I switch up with a regular shampoo every other day (will explain why) and whenever I use my shampoo my hair still ends up smelling like Bed Head!
- Didn't cause major hair fall or pimples. At first I was worried that the products were matapang (too potent) for my scalp, but I didn't notice any hair fall more than normal, nor did I get pimples.
- Very concentrated. A little does go a long way.
- Minor point: I really like the packaging. Bluish purple and silver looks hip and classy at the same time.
Here's a snap of my hair before I started using Tigi Styleshots. Curls looked thin, frizz was hard to manage, and my hair flares outward. I used serum + mousse here.
Just washed with Tigi and air-dried, no styling products. You'll already see the curl definition.
Used Tigi, air-dried, styled with serum and mousse. Love how the curls turned up!
What I don't like about the product
- Expensive. The shampoo is a cool P1,850 while the conditioner is P1,930. I'll just cry when I run out. :( (Hopefully not soon!)
- Very rich. They tend to weigh down my hair if I use them everyday, so I switch them up with a Head & Shoulders shampoo to prevent and get rid of product build-up.
- They don't do much for dandruff, which is why I still use the Head & Shoulders shampoo.
I highly recommend the Bed Head Tigi Styleshots Hi-Def Curls Shampoo and Conditioner to curly-haired girls who just want an end to all the frizz and hassle of making the curls fall right. If you've got the dough to burn, then go for it!
My advice is, they don't necessarily have to be products you use everyday. You can view them as if they're for hair treatment - they're certainly that potent and concentrated.
Oh, there are other variants for other hair types. Check 'em out.
Love it. I've been using this for around a month now and my hair has never looked better! I think so, anyway. I use my Tigi shampoo and conditioner once or twice a week. :)
Bed Head Tigi is available in high-end salons. Full list below.
PS - Would just like to share this Bed Head Tigi contest!
Who doesn't love great hair? TIGI Philippines, the leading company of fashionable and funky hair care is now on Facebook and Twitter!
To kick off the TIGI experience, we're awarding one lucky fan with their very own iPad plus oodles of cool TIGI products! The rules? As easy as pie -- just follow the simple mechanics below to qualify!
1. Like TIGI - Bed Head, Catwalk, S Factor Fanpage on Facebook
2. Post this on your wall publicly: "Follow @TIGI - Bed Head, Catwalk, S Factor on Facebook and get a chance to win an iPad plus rockin' TIGI goodies." Share the love and tag two of your friends in your post. Example:
3. Follow TIGI-Bedhead's Twitter at @BedheadPH and tweet this to your followers:
“Say hello to fab hair! Follow @BedheadPH and get a chance to win an iPad plus rockin' TIGI goodies http://ow.ly/6RQEP.”
4. That's it!
Terms and conditions:
- Giveaway will run until December 15, 2011. This is open to Philippine residents only.
- The winner will be picked by TIGI and notified via email.
- The winner MUST be able to travel to Manila to claim his/her prize, otherwise a delivery may be arranged.