I am a foundation monster. I love foundations. By now you should know that I have far from perfect skin, so I try to enhance it as best as I can.
I already have a few favorites, but right now I am really loving the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Mineral Makeup SPF15 (P2,200). It's the most natural-looking foundation that I have ever had the pleasure to try! It really looks like skin - silky, luminous skin - an effect that some foundations can fake but never truly mimic. With other foundations, I still add a luminizing finishing powder to get that effect, but I don't need to do that with Bobbi's mineral foundation.
What I LOVE about the product
- Natural, beautifying finish that looks like skin. Check out my photos!
- Pretty good lasting powder. It stays put for 5-6 hours without primer. Longer with primer, of course.
- I found a perfect shade match. The shade names are rather confusing - Light to Medium, Extra Light Tint, Rich - but once you find your match it will really blend on your skin. There are nine shades available.
- I only need to use a little powder to get the coverage I want. The powder is saturated with color.
- It can do sheer to medium coverage. I usually use concealer underneath anyway so I'm happy with medium coverage. Actually, I prefer it that way since it looks natural and never cakes.
- SPF 15!
- No breakouts.
What I don't like about the product
- Don't expect any oil control with this. I suggest you bring a blotting powder or paper to remove excess oil.
- Expensive at P2,200 for 6 grams. But worth it, IMHO.
Got bad skin and hate chalky, mask-like foundations? Then try the Bobbi Brown Skin Mineral Foundation SPF15. It won't break you out and it will enhance the skin you have, while offering sun protection at the same time. I would recommend this to dry and combination skin since it's designed not to aggravate those skin types. Wear concealer underneath if you have dark blemishes and eyebags.
However, if you're oily, you better bring around some blotting powder/paper or stick to more oil-absorbent foundations.
Tip: cut the sifter sticker in half. Too much powder comes out if you remove the sticker entirely.
I love it! I do think that the finish alone is worth the moolah. I also love that it stays on my combination skin. For reference, I am a Light to Medium in this line. I thought it would be too light at first but it's perfect. Great foundation overall!
What do you think? Is the Bobbi Brown Skin Mineral Foundation something you'll buy?
You can find Bobbi Brown Cosmetics in Rustan's.