Grow Luscious by Fabulash is Revlon's latest mascara offering. It just came out last month! The kind folks at Revlon sent it to me for review. It's supposed to lengthen and strengthen lashes overtime, but I can't vouch for that because I reckon it will take at least a month of regular use to see any difference. What I can talk about though is its formula, texture, packaging, and overall performance.
Grow Luscious has three shades: Black Noir, Black Shimmer, and Blackened Brown. They come in two formulas, Regular and Waterproof.
What I like about this mascara
- Minimal clumping. Take note to work quickly while coating your lashes to avoid clumping.
- Didn't smudge or budge on me. I used it the whole day, but I was mostly in cabs and airconditioned rooms. I didn't sweat much.
- No flaking that I noticed.
- Does lengthen with two coats. Adds a bit of volume.
- Brush separately coats each lash well.
- My lashes feel conditioned after using it; there's no brittle feel after removing it.
- Dries quickly.
- And the clincher: easily removed. I just wipe a bit and wait for the makeup remover to break it down, then I just wash it off.
What I don't like
- Jumbo mascara wand. I had difficulty navigating it at first. Took some getting used to.
- The inner rim of the tube is too wide, so it doesn't wipe off the mascara from the brush. There's this excess chunk mascara on the tip which you have to wipe off. That's a waste of product!
- If you cry or steep your lashes with liquids, the Regular formula will break down. I haven't tried the waterproof so I don't know how that fares.
- Doesn't hold the curl of my lashes.
- A bit pricey for a mascara at P625, but it's a lot cheaper than my fave Clinique mascaras so it's not too bad for me.
If you like natural-looking lashes for day, this is the mascara for you. It's very subtle in prettifying the eyes. For those who hate removing mascaras, this shouldn't give you any trouble!
It's a nice product. It doesn't blow me away, but I find myself reaching out for this when I need a quick eye opener - if you know what I mean! Sometimes I just want dressed-down eyes so the clean finish of this baby is enough for me. It has major plus points because it's easy to remove.