When I was younger I can not leave the house without liquid foundation. It used to be a necessity since i had such troubled skin; only liquid makeup can hide the redness, blemishes, and general unevenness of my face before. Now that I have fairly good skin though, I've been eschewing liquid foundation in favor of luminizers as my base under powder makeup. They just appear more natural and flattering!
Sometimes though I like looking inhumanly flawless with little retouching involved. A bit of liquid foundation here and there can really give that perfect complexion rarely achieved by any other formula! Lately, I've been loving the Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Liquid Makeup (P1,850) for its matte finish and mid to heavy coverage.
Here's a quick rundown about what's great about this new foundation from Clinique!
- It delivers medium to heavy coverage without feeling heavy or mask-like on skin. It will cover up redness and light blemishes without a need for concealer! Even better, It's water-based, thus the light texture.
- The finish is beautifully matte and creamy smooth. It should help fill in fine lines and reasonably-sized pores.
- Staying power is amazing. I've worn this for eight hours and it barely fades. I get oily only after four hours! This is made for oily skin, I feel.
- The bottle is simple and compact. The narrow spout puts out the right amount of product every time.
What I don't like about the product
- It sets quickly which means that I need to work quickly to spread it out to avoid streaks. I use my fingers to work the liquid onto my skin, but you can use a stippling brush or a dense domed foundation brush to buff it in if you prefer.
- I wish it has some SPF. Then again, at least it can be used during photoshoots or events.
- This isn't really a problem since I just got a press sample, haha. The shade I have, 64 Cream Beige (M) is a step lighter than I'd like on my medium yellow skin. It works okay though, when set with my right shade of powder foundation.
The Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Liquid Makeup is perfect for oily and blemished skin. It gives the right amount of coverage and defies oil as the day wears on. Shade matching could be a problem though as Clinique tends to select beige-toned colors; it's best to find your shade in person.
Love it! Like I said above Cream Beige is a bit light on me but it works as long as I set it with a powder that matches my actual skin tone. It does adjust during the day as it settles on my skin so no biggie! It stays on beautifully and evens out the tricky areas around my nose and mouth. ^_^ That's all I need in a liquid foundation!
What do you think? Does this look like the ideal foundation for you?