Having a new hair color means that it's a bit trickier for me to find makeup that flatters. My new reddish mocha 'do works wonderfully to brighten up my skin, but I've found that loud makeup looks garish in relation to it. It's not like before when my hair was very dark; the contrast of say a bright shade of lipstick looks fun and happy. Now, I feel clowny if I even attempt it!
That's why I've been sticking to neutral and even pale shades of late until I get used to my new hair. I've got two new Make Up Forever Rouge Artist Intense lipstick shades (part of their Spring 2015 collection, roughly ~P1,500), and I've been loving the colors they sent! Here's a low down on what makes them awesome:
- These colors are opaque in two layers.
- They stay on even after eating and drinking, with a life span of 4-5 hours. The texture is hard and sets in a bit, hence the staying power.
- The frosty finish of these shades (53 and 54) is initially questionable, but when worn on the lips the frostiness is hardly visible from afar. It actually makes lips look fuller and more dimensional without being shiny!
- I don't find these lipsticks drying on my normal lips, but if you have parched lips, it's still best to wear lip balm first.
- The packaging is sleek and classy, as expected from a pro brand like MUFE.
I don't have any gripes about the Rouge Artist Intense except I wish it can be more affordable so I can buy more hahahaha. Seriously though, try this out if you like reliable, flattering lipsticks.
Here are my shade notes!
The Make Up Forever Rouge Artist Intense in 53 Pearly Pink Copper is quite lovely. It's a warm, rosy pink with fine copper frost. This should work for fair to morena girls alike as it can be considered a mid-tone color. It's flattering and versatile, perfect for everyday! It can also be a wedding lipstick IMHO. It's very photogenic.
The Make Up Forever Rouge Artist Intense in 54 Pearly Golden Pink looks too cool for me upon first swatch but it actually works; it's not as pale as it seems in the tube. It treads the fine line between lavender and pink! It's pretty and perfect for intense smoky eyes.
I love both shades and it's likely I will place them on permanent rotation. ^_^ Hope you enjoyed the swatches! Which shade are you gravitating to? Have you figured out your spring colors yet?