L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup
I don't like giving overwhelmingly negative reviews because I feel it's a waste of time. If I'm going to photograph and commit to testing something, it better be worth reporting on! That's why you can find mostly positive reviews on my blog. Sometimes though, I come across products that I feel could be amazing for other people but not just for me. One of them is the L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup (P899).
This liquid foundation is a mid-coverage, silky-textured, dewy base that blends on skin like a dream. But is it as perfect as it sounds? Let me run down through the pros and cons!
What I like about the product
- It delivers a beautiful dewy finish on my skin without visible shimmers. It has medium coverage so it's enough to cover light blemishes, redness, and skim over pores and fine lines without needing concealer after.
- It has a silky, watery texture that does blend easily on skin. It's "super-blendable" definitely! A little goes a long way.
- I found a perfect shade match in Natural Beige W4! One of the best things about this line is there are over 30 foundation shades available! That's insane. Not sure how many shades are here in the PH but even if they have only half of that, it's still impressive.
- SPF17 is a good number for daily wear with minimum sun exposure. Titanium dioxide, the active ingredient, is also good for calming irritated skin.
Sorry for the blurry photo! Wore the liquid foundation here then set with a translucent power. Love the finish and coverage - it hides enough flaws while letting the skin show through.
What I don't like about the product
- This doesn't fade away as the day wears on, but holy smokes does this transfer everywhere! All foundation transfers naman but this one doesn't completely set on my skin. This means that a wad of it can get wiped off on collars, phones, and even blotting paper easily.
- Related to the above: I don't know why it doesn't set on me when I've read reviews that some find it dry in texture. It does dry on the back of my hand but not completely on my face. Must be some kinda skin type incompatibility. It feels like a mask when I have it for hours on my combination skin. I've tried wearing a thin layer, same result.
- What is up with open glass bottles! It's a challenge to control the amount of product that gets out since it's so fluid.
Like I said above, I think there is something in the formula of the L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup that is just not compatible on my skin. Otherwise, this is a good foundation that provides a beautiful finish, coverage, and even wear time - as long as it suits your skin type. I suppose it's safe to say that normal to dry-skinned women would love the emollient formula.
I want to like it LIKE it, I really do. But I don't. The L'Oreal Super-Blendable Makeup has excellent qualities but the formula just doesn't work for me. I prefer the L'Oreal Lucent Magique Foundation if I have to choose from the brand's range.
What do you think? Have you tried the Super-Blendable?
Ingredients: Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.1%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polymethylmethacrylate, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphates, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol May Contain: Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide