Have you always wanted to try the Lancome Teint Miracle Foundation but balk at the P2,200 price tag? Well, I have news for you: the L'Oreal Lucent Magique Foundation (P845) is a very close drugstore dupe. That's not surprising since L'Oreal owns Lancome, after all! The texture, finish, down to the ingredients are very much the same with only minor differences.
Lucent Magique promises to give skin a "radiant halo" with its liquid-light technology. True enough, it's quite illuminating - I love how my skin looks like with this foundation on. Now this kind of stuff is right up my alley, but if you're oily this might be something you want to think about.
Here's the run down!
What I love about the product
- It gives a gorgeous radiant finish on skin. I don't see any shimmer in the formula but it has a subtle satiny shine. It looks absolutely natural with its sheer to medium coverage. Expect to it to cover reasonable blemishes and discoloration!
- Watery texture is light and easy to smooth all over the skin. It never feels greasy or mask-like even if the humidity is in full force.
- I found a great shade for my yellow-medium skin (NC35) with G4.
- Has SPF24 PA+++. Sun protection is always a huge plus, but make sure not to wear this to an evening event where you may get photographed.
- No breakouts! Yay.
- Pump distributes the right amount of product every time.
- High-end packaging. From the matte-gloss box to the glass tube, this foundation feels quite luxe.
- Very affordable! It feels like an expensive foundation but it's a veritable steal at P845.
What I don't like about the product
- Looks shiny after about three to four hours. Nothing some blotting and retouching can't fix on my combi skin, but if you have very oily skin this is a deterrent.
- It's not long-wearing. It has a tendency to slide off skin after five hours if you don't wear a good primer underneath.
Quick comparison with Lancome Teint Miracle
Teint Miracle is more pigmented and has better lasting power than Lucent Magique. In other words, you'll use less of the foundation over time! It also has French Rose Extract, which is apparently a toning and conditioning ingredient - it makes skin feel smoother and softer.
Hence the price tag. :) Otherwise, Lucent Magique feels and looks exactly like Teint Miracle.
Lumi Magique on the left, Teint Miracle on the right. Both shades match me but the L'Oreal one is quite yellow. Well I think it's manageable
If you have dull, dry to combi skin then you will love how the L'Oreal Lucent Magique Foundation can perk it up. It gives the skin such a beautiful glow! I'm all for the glow! However, if you have oily skin then I would recommend that you go for a long-wearing, matte to satin foundation instead - just to be safe.
The four to five-hour wear that I get out Lucent Magique is decent. I wish it would stay on longer with no primer, but I'm normally out of the house for five hours tops anyway. If you go to the office and need the staying power, just top this off with your powder foundation, not a translucent loose powder as usual.
Love it. I don't get clogged pores from it, it doesn't feel heavy on my face, and it makes my skin look amazing. Those are my main concerns when it comes to foundation - not lasting power as I don't work outside very long that often. I'm sure it's different for you guys! What do you prioritize more: the finish or length of wear in foundation?