Five tips on how to wake up with glowing skin
Did you know that your beauty regimen at night is just as important as your routine during the day? Oil and sun protection are your top concerns when the sun is out. However, it's easy to overlook dehydration and insufficient nourishment at night. This is the reason you sometimes wake up with a dull and tired-looking face!
Night time is the best time to allow your skin to recuperate from the day's stresses. It's when your body is resting completely that it is able to better absorb any nourishment you care to shower it. If you don't have a good night regimen yet, here are five things you can do that'll help you wake up with glowing skin every morning!
1. Double-cleanse your face. There's cleansing with facial wash, and then there's a thing called double-cleansing. This is a simple technique where you use a makeup remover first before you lather with your facial wash! It's okay to wash your face only once during the morning, but at night you would have accumulated a lot of dirt, oil, and bacteria on top of your makeup. It's absolutely important to be able to remove ALL of that before you move on to the rest of your night routine.
You can use a cleansing oil or water-based makeup remover to wipe off the makeup. Then, proceed to massage your face thoroughly with your preferred facial wash. I like the foamy ones, I feel they clean better. If you have dry skin though, you should go for non-foaming, non-soapy cleansers to keep your moisture barrier intact.
2. Allow your skin to indulge in a rich moisturizer. Due to the humidity in the Philippines, most of us prefer to use light, maybe even water-based moisturizers. These are great to wear during the day, but at night, we need something more moisturizing. That's why night creams are a little heavier compared to day creams. They are designed to thoroughly hydrate, soothe, and heal your skin while you sleep.
Of course, don't forget to apply your favorite hand cream not just on your hands but your feet as well. ;) You'll thank me ten years from now!
3. Invest in a good serum and eye cream. If you already have good skin then you can skip the serum and eye cream, but when you feel that you need an extra boost then these two can really help revive your face! A serum is a specialized skincare product that can erase acne marks, soften fine lines, lessen the appearance of pores and/or brighten skin. They are a concentrated form on skincare with powerfu ingredients.
Eye creams on the other hand are thin yet rich creams that are specifically formulated for the sensitive eye area. The thing is, normal moisturizers can clog the pores around the eyes, thus causing millia (tiny flesh-colored bumps). Good eye creams are better absorbed around that area.
4. Eat a light and healthy dinner. Surprised you there, eh? But this is true. If you put junk in your body before you sleep, you'll wake up with skin that looks the worse for wear. Ideally we should all be eating light and healthy stuff all the time, but if you can't commit to that, at least eat something healthy for dinner. All the vitamins and nutrients in the good food will really help your skin look better in the morning!
This is perhaps the best secret to my currently good skin. ;) Salad with chicken/ beef/ fish, fajita, or sandwich is what I usually have for dinner.
It's easy to prepare healthy and yummy food at home. If I can, then you can too!
5. Drink Athena milk. Athena with Beautrition offers women the benefits of milk infused with a powerful combination of antioxidants, Vitamin A, E and Zinc for healthy glowing skin. It's basically a way to further nourish your body to pave the way for beautiful skin from within. You can slather all the expensive creams in the world, but if you don't have enough vitamins and antioxidants in your system then they won't be as effective.
Anne Curtis loves Athena!
If you're interested in finding more useful advice for your own Beauty Hour at night, check out Athena's YouTube Channel and Facebook Page. :) Anne Curtis talks about how to deal with midnight munchies, morning booboos, and sleeping styles. Wait up for the next episodes!
So there you go, hope you found the advice useful. Would love to know what your beauty routine is like at night! Any tips for me? ;)
This post is brought to you by Athena Milk.