Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner
Feeling under fire today! Work has been non-stop since I woke up but I'm taking a break to write about an awesome eyeliner I got acquainted with recently. Now I've seen a lot of raves about the Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner (P449), but I didn't jump into the bandwagon because I already have the MAC Fluidline. That's the best gel eyeliner for me! Can the Maybelline one compare?
It's a nice, more affordable alternative, but it's not quite like the Fluidline in terms of pigmentation and texture. As for the lasting power - whoa! The Maybelline one will not smudge, smear, or fade even if you wear it all day. You can rely on it to look fantastic from the time you leave your house up to the second you wash it off.
You might be wondering why the packaging is different. Well, it's because this is the reformulated version that was just recently released. :) Here's a quick rundown!
What I love the product
- It's incredibly long-lasting. I will not attempt to wear it for 36 hours but I've worn it 10 ten hours at most and it stayed fresh. It didn't smudge, smear, fade, or slip on my upper lids.
- Decent pigmentation. It's solid in one line as long as the brush is properly loaded with a generous amount of product.
- Oh, the brush. I love it! It's the right size and shape, has soft hair, and is stiff at the base while pliant at the ends. It's easy to use on all eye shapes and comes with a cap too.
- The formula is smooth and glides easily on the lids. Doesn't streak or skid.
- Super affordable! The quality is pretty good for the price.
Brown is a mid-brown with fine gold shimmer. It's not obvious unless you look with a magnifying glass.
What I don't like aout the product
- Fades when worn on the waterline. But at least it doesn't turn into a smudgy mess.
- You have to use a generous amount of product to get an opaque line in one go. Well, maybe I'm just used to the Fluidline.
Left is Maybelline Gel Liner in Brown while on the right is MAC Fluidline in Dipdown. I used a generous amount of the first liner to be able to draw those few lines; I used only a tiny smidgen of Fluidline to get that many lines. The Fluidline is considerably more pigmented and smooth, as you can see, but Maybelline puts up a good fight.
Well, that's why it costs a tidy P1,100
I highly recommend the Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner to anyone who needs a long-lasting, reliable eyeliner at an affordable price. It comes with a fantastic brush that will save you the hassle of shopping for a new one (if it's your first gel liner), and it's super nice to use too. I'm definitely keeping this brush around.
You probably already have a black eyeliner, so try Brown next time! It prettifies and sort of brightens the eyes (it's the fine bronzy shimmer in it) - an excellent pick for a natural daytime look.
It's always great to find a good drugstore product that's worth more than what you pay for it. I still think that the MAC Fluidline is better than the Maybelline Gel Liner, but if you're on a budget, the latter is a purchase you won't regret. :)
Tried this yet? How does it compare to your other gel eyeliners?