Majolica Majorca Cream de Cheek
Liquid blushes are usually watery red tints, so it's refereshing to see a creamy one like the Majolica Majorca Cream de Cheek Blush (P495). These come in four colors I believe, and I have two of them to swatch for you today.
These liquid blushes aren't solid and dense like say, lip gloss. It has powder particles suspended in a sliiiiightly oily but fast-drying liquid solution. They're intended for use on the cheeks but they are surprisingly nice on the lips once you get over the initial powdery feel. I found out just like, right now! You should try it too if you're in a pinch and this is the only color you have on hand.
Anyway. Got a bit sidetracked there! Here's a quick rundown of the Cream de Cheek.
What I love about the product
- The shades are just lovely. I have Shell Pink Cream (PK312) and Kiichigo Cream (RD411), and I love how they look on me. They have a matte, natural finish that seems to melt on skin instead of sitting on top looking fussy.
- It says on for a good four to five hours even in extremely humid weather. To extend the wear, you can top it off with a powder blush!
- Pigmentation is good. Just be careful to apply a small amount to avoid clown cheeks.
- A little goes a very long way. About three dots per cheek is enough to get a nice layer of color.
- Cute packaging, as expected from Majolica Majorca. It looks like nail polish! The liquid is in a small sturdy plastic bottle with a cap that screws on tightly, so I think it's safe to carry around.
- Affordable at P495.
Kiichigo Cream (RD411) and Shell Pink Cream (PK312)
What I don't like about the product
- Application can be tricky in the beginning. The formula also has a tendency to thin down the makeup underneath, so if you have blemishes on or near your cheeks, this will mess with your concealer and foundation.
Place three small dots on the apples of your cheeks, then pat those dots around with your fingers to blend. Do not swipe! Concentrate most of the color on the center of your cheeks then pat the remaining product upwards to your hair line.
Sounds complex? Just practice, you'll get it right eventually!
Shell Pink Cream (PK312) is a creamy pink shade that's surprisingly warm on skin. Can work for fair to medium skin tones.
Kiichigo Cream (RD411) is a coral shade that I would recommend for darker tones. It would also look fab on fair to mid tones as long as you apply it sparingly.
If you love a natural flush that will keep people guessing if you're wearing cosmetics, then you'll appreciate the Majolica Majorca Cream de Cheek. It's also a nice product for when you're in a rush since it's quick to apply (once you've mastered it)!
Its 4-5 hour wear time is good enough for me to recommend it for girls who go to school or to the office. Just wear a powder blush on top of it when you leave the house if you absolutely hate retouching or if you're very oily.
I like how the Cream de Cheek makes me look fresh and not as stressed as I am right now. :P I wore it to my event last Saturday and even though it faded after six hours, it still served me well while I was fussing all over the place.
Do you like liquid cheek products? Or would you rather go for powder and just call it a day?