I work mainly from home, as you know, but there are days when I am rushing all over the place. Contrary to popular belief I do have a life and a real job! Lol. One example: I went to the Ferretti office in Marikina to coordinate with one of our suppliers for a shoot. Afterwards, I went to Eastwood with my Ferretti boss to meet my Pinkbox boss to talk about stuff. Then, I headed to The Spa with my Pinkbox boss to try Barre3 (easier than Plana Forma btw).
These women, I swear, are more of a riot than I am! They are hyper all the time! They are also my pegs in life.
Suffice it to say, I am haggardo versoza that day. It was super hot too so I was sweating buckets. However, I am very happy to report that my foundation didn't quit on me even after the Barre3 work out! Care to know what it is?
Ta-dah! It's the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Foundation (P2,650). This foundation is specifically formulated for Asian skin, with a lot of consideration for our hot and humid weather. As far as I am aware this is available in Asia for now. That says a lot about Bobbi Brown's dedication to the needs of a specific market, don't you think?
Anyway, here are my thoughts on this foundation after using it for a few weeks!
What I love about the product
- Delivers an uber-smooth, flawless, and heavy coverage that doesn't look like a thick mask. Just remember to set it with a sheer translucent powder instead of your normal pressed powder / foundation powder; otherwise, your makeup will already look too heavy.
- Water and oil-resistant, this will pretty much stay on until you take it off or sweat as if you're in a sauna. After my workout, I noticed some caking around my nose and flaky areas, but I just patted it off with tissue. The foundation is still there albeit a little faded.
- Perfect shade match! I'm a Warm Beige 3.5 (equivalent to MAC NC35). Bobbi Brown only makes yellow-toned foundation which is perfect for Asian skin.
- Has SPF15. Not a big number true but at least you know you can wear this to photo ops since there's no white cast. That said, it's very photogenic.
- A little goes a loooong way since this is super pigmented.
- Doesn't feel heavy and hot on the face.
- Pump dispenses just the right amount of product. I usually use one and a half pumps.
Warm Beige 3.5
Looks like skin eh?
What I don't like about the product
- The texture is thick and dry to the touch, so it's hard to spread evenly and quickly. I suggest using your fingers, a stippling brush, or sponge to work it in. You can also mist some water on your skin to provide a surface with some slip.
- Broke me out initially. Small pimples, not full-blown acne. My skin adjusted eventually.
- Not for people on a budget.
If you're oily and/or need something that can stay with you through strenuous activities, you should definitely take a gander at the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Foundation. It's a great foundation that delivers exactly what it promises as long as you don't mind a bit of work.
Available in ten shades; you should be able to find something that matches
I would also recommend this for girls who need to hide dark blemishes and facial discoloration. This is as heavy coverage as heavy coverage gets, but it still comes out looking like skin. No one will be the wiser. ;)
If there's one thing that Bobbi Brown knows best, it's foundation! I really like this one and prefer to use it for busy or photo-heavy days.
Soo...what do you think? Does this look like a foundation you'll go for?
Follow Bobbi Brown on Facebook for updates and promos