Models Own Powder Blush in Cheeky Pink
People always ask me, "How do you find the time to blog?" Many of them even make the mistake of thinking that this is what I do full-time. It's simple, really. I make time for it. I wake up at 6:00 AM on a normal day, putter around the condo for tea and maybe a bite to eat, then settle down for the next three hours writing and processing photos. This isn't a precise schedule, of course, since often there are other things that need doing first. But that's how I am able to run this website.
I'm telling you this because I want you to know that it's possible to be able to do something you love, a side project if you will, even if you think you are too busy working. There's always time if you want it badly. You just need to make it yourself. :)
Anyway, today I want to talk about a blush that I've been trying on lately: the Models Own Powder Blush in Cheeky Pink (P350 from The Makeup Suite). It's a nice affordable blush that's packaged in an expensive-looking case - something new to bring around if you're looking to impress! Now that I think of it, I think makeup artists will love this because it looks so chic and you get a lot of product in one pan. Really useful for multiple clients.
Here's my review!
What I like about the product
- Pigmented. I only need one or two layers to get a good color going.
- Cheeky Pink is a dolly pink with silver sparkles (not too obvious) that works beautifully on my medium-toned skin. I would classify it as warm so morenas should find this flattering as well.
- The plastic case feels thick and sturdy.
- Very affordable at only P350 for 5 grams.
Cheeky Pink is a cute pink with faint silver shimmer. The finish is more satin than shimmery, nontheless.
What I don't like about the product
- The powder isn't as well-pressed as I would have liked, but to its credit, it's not chalky at all. I just make sure to tap the excess off.
- Staying power is just okay. I give it 3 to 4 hours before it starts fading - standard time for low to mid-range blushes.
The Models Own Powder Blush in Cheeky Pink is a nice addition to your kit if you're looking for an inexpensive pink everyday blush. It would be perfect for dry to combi skin, but if you're really oily, you may want to skip this in favor of tints or more high-end blushes.
Take care when you apply this as it may streak if you don't tap the brush first. Just pick up a bit of powder for your first layer in order to get even application.
It's a nice blush. I know a lot of nice blushes. What sets this one apart, for me, is the packaging and the novelty of owning UK-brand cosmetics. Get it if you need it!
So what do you think? Does this look like something you would try?