Revlon ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow Quad
I know how hard it is to shop for makeup on a budget. Even if we want to buy MAC or Urban Decay eyeshadows all the time, for example, it's just not practical for our wallet. That's why we should never dismiss drugstore products. Who knows, we just might find a pearl in the sea!
That said, Revlon eyeshadows have come a long way with the new reformulated ColorStay 16 Hour Quads (P550). These are surprisingly good - I would even say that some palettes are worth including in your must-have makeup kit. Here's why!
What I love about the product
- Fairly pigmented and color-true (meaning what you see is what you get) for most colors. Just use it over a base to maximize the pigmentation and lasting power.
- Great color combinations! They're not too common and plain, IMHO.
- Most of the colors are very smooth and well-milled. No fallouts!
- You get a lot of product in the palette, almost a full-sized amount per color.
Brazen is my favoritest neutral quad palette to date. That's saying a lot ha! I love how well this matches with my skin tone. The color combination is love (see that peach? Winner!) but the formula cinches the deal. All colors are at par with high-end eyeshadows.
Siren is such a gorgeous collection of dusky colors. These are perfect for a sophisticated smoky look, but you can also use it during the day if you wish (just the silver and taupey purple on the lid). Like Brazen, Siren's formula is pretty good.
Sorry but I don't have a good photo of me wearing Inspired! I actually also love this because it IS inspired. The combination of colors is just...wow. Over an eyeshadow base, they look opaque. It's great but I wouldn't say it is an absolute must-have. You should definitely get this is you love colorful eyes though!
Bombshell is my least favorite out of the four. The yellow is, well, useless. It's very chalky. The silvers are nice but nothing special. The yellow I used in the look below isn't from the Bombshell palette, FYI.
What I don't like about the product
- Quality is not uniform. Some palettes are all-out fantastic (like Brazen) while others have colors that are chalky and powdery.
- Doesn't last 16 hours - but then again, what makeup does? :) Just use a base to prolong the eyeshadows. At most, these stay on for a decent 5-7 hours.
- A bit expensive for a drugstore palette. But it's not expensive compared to high-end eyeshadows, which I think it can compete with.
Not all palettes in the Revelon ColorStay Eyeshadow line is worth the P550, but the ones that are? Well they are definitely worth more than you paid for. :) Brazen and Siren are my top bets because you can use them both for day and night makeup - they are super versatile! They also have great color combinations + good quality formula. Must-try!
Obviously, I love Brazen and Siren. I always reach for them when I want glam eyes without having to worry about mixing and matching colors from different palettes. Soo convenient!
Tried this yet? What do you think?