My colorblocked look, plus win tickets to the L'Oreal show at the Philippine Fashion Week Holiday 2012!
Color blocking remains as one of the biggest trends this 2012. Before, there were rules on which color goes with what but now, everything goes! That is incredibly fun, if you ask me. I think that everyone should express themselves with something as basic and enduring as color.
I've done several colorful looks before, but here's the most recent one I wore last Sunday. You'll see the bright iridescent green eyeshadow matched with an electric purple eyeliner and a reddish gloss. I decided to keep the cheeks and lips understated since I was just off to the mall, but if I were going to an event, I would probably go for a bright pink lip!
PRO TIP: When doing colorful eyes and lips, it's best to leave your cheeks bare. Contour with an apricot blush or bronzer to get glowing skin that doesn't compete with the colors you already have on. Here I used the L'Oreal True Match Blush in Golden Apricot - I love it! This blush really complemented my Pinay skin without looking overdone.
Okay, so here's the contest part: L'Oreal Paris has partnered with Project Vanity to bring FIVE readers to Philippine Fashion Week Holiday 2012! L'Oreal will be having a show on May 27 at the SMX Center and they will be choosing five of you to watch it, get a makeover, and of course get a loot bag during the event itself. Fun right? Here's how to join.
- Follow L'Oreal Paris on Facebook and Twitter.
- Follow me on Twitter (for practical purposes as I will announce and contact the winners on Twitter).
- Email me two photos of your colorblocked makeup look: one showing me a close up of your look, and the other photo showing me your overall work while holding the L'Oreal True Match product that you used (could be a blush or foundation, as long as it's a L'Oreal True Match).
- Please include your mobile number and Twitter username so we know where to get in touch.
- If you wish (i.e., optional) you can write a short description of your look.
- Contest ends on May 23, winners will be announced on May 24. They must be able to claim their tickets, makeover, and loot bag at the L'Oreal PFW show on May 27 (details to be emailed to the winners).
And that's it! I'm looking forward to see your wonderful entries! :D