Clinique Perfectly Real Radiant Skin Compact Makeup
We have an extra day this year and I find that so incredible. This year, I am granted another day to live and do something a little itty bit more with my life. Am I the only one who feels like this?
Anyways! Today I want to talk about a foundation that I've been using heavily lately: the Clinique Perfectly Real Radiant Skin Compact Makeup. It's a lovely sheer foundation that looks pretty much like radiant skin without the shimmer or glitter.
I don't have the compact, so I only have pictures of the refill. :P Here's what I think of it!
What I love about the product
- Smoothens out my skintone, blurs pores and bumps while still looking natural.
- Gives a sort of matte radiance - if that's possible! There are no visible shimmers in the formula.
- Has SPF29 PA++! That's a considerable amount of sun protection; not that many foundations have this number. The high SPF makes it a great summer foundation or finishing powder!
- It's a silky, well-milled powder. No chalkiness. That's the mark of a relatively high-end foundation.
- I found a perfect shade match in True Beige
- Good staying power. I give it 3-4 hours, after which I just retouch using the same powder.
Shade in True Beige
Wearing it on top of liquid foundation
What I don't like about the product
- Expensive for a powder foundation. You also have to buy the compact and powder separately, so I feel there's extra cost involved.
- It's sheerer than I would normally prefer, so it doesn't cover my blemishes. I like to use this more as a finishing powder.
- Don't expect much in the way of oil control. I think it's best for dry to dry-combination skin, but for oily to oily-combination skin, it's best to go for a more absorbent foundation. In any case, you can retouch quickly and cleanly with this.
The Clinique Perfectly Real Radiant Skin Compact Makeup is a great everyday powder foundation. It's something you can use for a quick, polished face, without looking like you piled on makeup! The sheer coverage and so-so oil control may turn off girls with problematic skin, but if your skin is fairly good, I suggest you go for this.
It's nice. But since I do have problematic skin, I usually use this on top of my favorite liquid foundation as a finishing powder - it works perfectly that way! It is sheer, after all. I get the glow without looking too shiny.
Tried this foundation yet? What's your favorite Clinique foundation ever?
PS I just realized after writing this post that I wrote about this foundation two years ago! Haha. I completely forgot. Looking back, I raved so much about this. It is a good foundation, certainly. I just look at foundations and powders differently now. Which is why I think it's still worth posting this updated review.