Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter
What's your ideal lipstick like? For me, it has the comfortable texture of a lip balm but with the opacity of normal lipsticks. I've always wondered why companies don't make a product like this more often. Perhaps it is too expensive? Not enough demand? In any case Revlon took it upon themselves to make a kickass lip product called the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (P525).
There are serious raves about these lipsticks online, and I can see why!
What I love about the product
- As the name promises, it does glide on like butter and feels moisturizing on the lips. It doesn't feel waxy or thick at all. Girls who can't stand lipstick will love this!
- Colors are gorgeous and trendy, with great color payoff. It feels like balm but doesn't look like one when you have it on.
- The glossy finish makes lips look instantly plumper, with less lines.
- Has a faint vanilla scent that fades away quickly.
- Packaging looks classy and expensive. Like the original Colorburst Lipsticks, the Lip Butters come in a rectangular tube that has a fishnet design on the cap. The difference is that the caps come in the color of the lipstick inside, which makes them easier to sort.
Revlon Colorburst Lipstick packaging for reference
Pink Truffle is one of the best MLBB (my lips but better) shades I've come across to date. It looks flattering on me and goes with most looks.
Peach Parfait is a glossy peach with gold glitters. The shimmer can look quite obvious but personally I don't mind so much.
Raspberry Pie looks like a fuchsia to me, not so much berry-ish
Lollipop is a deep pink that's a makes a whopper of a statement. I love it!
What I don't like
- For P525, you only get 2.55 grams of product. That's only 2/3s of the normal lipstick amount (which is 3.5 grams), so it comes off being more expensive than it initially looks.
- I'm just nitpicking minor details here: the cap can be annoying to open as it covers most of the tube. You really have to grasp the black part with the Revlon logo by the small pads of your fingers to get the cap off!
- I wish the lipstick shape were smaller. I find it a challenge to apply the color straight from the tube as I keep going beyond the lines.
Peach Parfait, Pink Truffle, Raspberry Pie, Lollipop
- Staying power is ok. I give it three hours before it starts feeling dry. To the credit of the formula, it doesn't flake!
The Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter is a damn good product, all things considered. It feels great on the lips and somehow enhances them once you have the product on. Now, if you've always been a lip balm/tint kind of girl because you hate the waxy texture of lipsticks, then there's now no reason to try a lip balm/ lipstick hybrid like these Lip Butters.
I love it! I've been using them since I got them, and you can bet that Pink Truffle and Lollipop will stay put in my permanent kit. :D
Have you already gotten your own Lip Butter yet? How do you like it?