Majolica Majorca Pressed Pore Cover Powder
If you look inside my bag - at any time, in any bag I'm using at the moment - you'll see the Majolica Majorca Pressed Pore Cover Powder (P850). I like carrying it around because the compact is pretty and unique, plus it's handy for blotting in the middle of the day without getting my face looking cakey. I find to be a basic, non-fussy powder which is exactly what I need for retouching.
That doesn't mean that this is just for retouching. This well-milled silky powder instantly smoothens and mattifies skin, blurring out pores, so it's also an excellent finishing powder on top of liquid/ cream makeup.
What I love about the product
- Very smooth, airbrush finish. It's subtle, but it's there. Does it even out pores? I don't have big pores so I can't tell. But I notice an overall smoothness when I use this.
- Translucent shade can easily match fair to medium skintones. It has no coverage so it doesn't erase blush or contour powder.
- Doesn't look cakey when I use this to retouch my oily face.
- Beautiful, sturdy compact. It's mababaw but I really enjoy using this in public, it's so cute!
- Affordably priced at P850. You get 10grams in the pan, not bad!
What I don't like about the product
- Don't expect any oil control. The powder will absorb the oil you already have on your face, but it won't prevent any new oiliness.
- If you're in the deeper end of the shade spectrum, tough luck! This may look pasty already.
- Foam sponge applies too much powder, I would prefer to use a brush.
Unblended. You can see the instant improvement in texture of the skin.
- I wish it wasn't so matte. Matte is nice, but I prefer a bit of glowiness. It really depends!
The Majolica Majorca Pressed Pore Cover Powder is perfect for girls who are looking for a matte, smoothing powder. If your skin has a rough, uneven texture caused by big pores or acne, this powder may help take off the edge. This isn't designed for oil-control though so expect to blot more than you're used to.
Like I mentioned above, this is a mainstay in my bag. I enjoy using the compact because I feel it enhances the makeup I already have on. I just use blotting paper for the oil!
So...tried this? Want to try? Let me know!