One product I've only recently tried is the Dove Foaming Makeup Remover (P350). It was introduced to beauty writers just last Tuesday at the Watsons Beauty Lab so it's literally fresh off the shelves.
It's a great product, but I have to say that it's not new. Pond's has the same thing called the Gold Radiance Boosting Cleansing Mousse which they launched last October. I'm a fan of it alright (I finished off a 150ml bottle), but it has limitations - it can't take off eyeliner or mascara so it's really more for removing face makeup. The Dove Foaming Makeup Remover has no such limitation! It comes with a couple of caveats though.
What I love about the product
- Melts off face makeup (foundation, concealer, powder, blush) quickly and efficiently. It dissolves eyeliner and non-waterproof mascara with gentle rubbing so it's a one-stop makeup remover for the whole face.
- A little goes a long way. I use three pumps for my whole face.
- I like the packaging, it doesn't look cheap. Pump works well and dispenses the right amount of product.
- Affordable and widely available! It's only P350 and can be found in most Watsons stores.
What I don't like about the product
- Stings my eyes. It's been a while since I've used a makeup remover that stings there.
- Drying. Skin feels tight after washing.
- Gives me little pimples. :/ Although, if you're hiyang with Dove products and your skin is not super sensitive, this might work for you!
How should you use it?
You can use it over dry or damp skin. Either way works fine! Apply the foam on your face and gently massage it in circular motions. Your face makeup will melt easily. For the eye makeup, rub it in smaller circles to break down the eyeliner and mascara. Don't tug or pull the skin there ok. Rinse well. I highly recommend you use your preferred facial wash afterwards.
So I guess the question is, which one should you get, the Dove Foaming Makeup Remover or the Pond's Gold Radiance Boosting Cleansing Mousse? Tough question!
Well, Pond's is gentler and doesn't sting my eyes. It's a little more expensive at P399/ P150ml versus Dove's P350/ 155ml. It's not that drying, too. However, it can only remove face makeup.
Dove stings and dries my skin, so I get the impression it's more "matapang" than Pond's. Makes sense because it can take care of non-waterproof eyeliner and mascara aside from removing face makeup.
At the end of the day, it depends on what you really need. Dove's Foaming Makeup Remover is an all-around product that leaves skin squeaky clean, so get it if you don't want to use a separate eye makeup remover for your light eye makeup. Pond's is gentler on skin and a great companion for those who wear heavy, waterproof eye makeup and thus need a separate oil-based makeup remover anyway.
Either one works for me! Dove is best for my light makeup days since I can indulge my lazy self and not use another product to take out my eye gunk. You can bet that this'll be part of my daily routine in the months to come.
EDIT: After a few more days of using it, I realized that this is breaking me out. Sayang. I hoped it would work for me. Otherwise, this is an excellent makeup remover.
Let me know your thoughts, alright!