It's no big secret that I have an ongoing love affair with Clinique. The brand is quite pricey locally, but the products I use work extremely well on my skin. Again, it's always a matter of being hiyang, so I'm really lucky that I found my skin's "soulmate"!
I'm a fan of the Clinique Moisture Surge because it gives me a nice glow and more supple skin without the oiliness. However, it's not designed to help much during and after a big breakout. I try a lot of products for this blog so something always ends up giving me pimples - I need something that can help clear them and deal with the pesky blemishes that crop up afterwards. That's why I wanted to try the Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Clearing Moisturizer (P1,600/50mL).
It's pretty good. Here's why!
What I love about the product
- Helps dry up pimples faster, especially the smaller ones. It has salicylic acid, a key ingredient that targets acne. It has no parabens and has very little comedogenic ingredients. (See here for reference)
- It lightens blemishes, but this takes time, two weeks at least. I'm very happy with it nonetheless.
- Blackheads and whiteheads are no longer a problem whenever I use this.
Super light gel texture
- The water-based gel formula is immediately absorbed on the skin with no greasy feel. It also has a refreshing menthol tingle which I personally like (although I do know some girls who mind).
- Prolonged use gave me smoother skin with a more even tone.
- Could be used as a primer because of the matte finish and dry texture.
- The tube is sealed with foil so you know that you're getting a fresh product.
- A little goes a long way. I usually use a pea-sized drop for the whole face, twice a day.
What I don't like
- Pricey! Other than that, I'm very happy with the product.
If you're acne and blemish-prone, I highly recommend the Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Clearing Moisturizer. As the name promises, it will really help clear up your skin problems. However, please note that this is a moisturizer exclusively for oily skin. If you have dry skin, this may dry up your skin more.
Don't expect it to clear up your blemishes in a jiffy. It takes some time but, at least you'll notice some lightening in a few weeks! I've been using it for a month and my major blemishes have faded, BUT since I broke out again (due to this irritating mineral foundation I'm testing) I have new blemishes again. Huhu.
I suggest using this moisturizer with the Clinique Liquid Facial Soap (Oily Skin Formula) for better results. Swear, these two products really made me love my skin!
I love it and I intend to buy a tube when I run out. ;) It's one of those things that's expensive but worth every cent! I use the Clinique Moisture Surge when I'm not breaking out though, so if you're confused about which one to get, diagnose your skin needs first. If you have good skin and just need brightening and a better, finer texture, use the Moisture Surge! If you break out a lot, use the Anti-Blemish Solutions Moisturizer.
As for me, I rotate both according to what I need for the day. Oh, please don't forget: what works for my skin may not for you. So try to score samples first before buying!
So...share! What's your current favorite moisturizer?
I eat makeup for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert.