As I was browsing through my photo galleries this morning, I came by a product which I simply forgot to review: the Olay Natural White SPF24 Day Lotion (P189). Bought it last February pa. It's actually a pretty good SPF product, although I've stopped using it some time ago.
Why? Well, it's not the lotion, it's me! My skin reacts with face sunscreens/sunblocks for some reason (well those that I've tried anyway). The worst reaction is I break out, but that's not always the case. Sometimes my skin just doesn't look its prime (I get small bumps that are not quite pimples, dull skin) so I go back to my default moisturizer. Weird.
To protect my face from the sun, I prefer using makeup with SPF. Makeup doesn't get absorbed by the skin so it doesn't have the same effect as sunblocks/sunscreens.
So yes, it's me. Otherwise, this Olay lotion is something I would recommend!
What I love about the product
- Very light, watery consistency. Applies easily with no white cast and absorbs quickly.
- Not sticky or greasy as long as you apply just the right amount.
- Light floral-citrusy scent. It doesn't have that sunblock smell.
- The bottle is quite small, which makes it handy for traveling or simply applying it when you're on-the-go.
- Affordable at P189 for 30ml.
What I don't like about the product
- This is purely personal bias, but I think my skin doesn't look as good as it should when I use this. No breakouts or anything, my face just looks dull and blah.
- I get a bit oily with this. Not usually a problem though since I use blotting powder.
If you're looking for a cheap, drugstore moisturizer that's light and non-greasy, do check out the Olay Natural White Day Lotion with SPF24. It's pretty good. Hope you're hiyang though!
I gave this to Marco, and his skin actually looks better with it. He didn't break out or anything and I noticed that his face looked clearer and more even. So yes, not bad at all! To be fair though, this is his first ever moisturizer. :P There's bound to be a marked difference.