Cream concealers provide the heaviest coverage, but they can be a bit drying and take a little more effort to apply. Liquid concealers, on the other hand, have lighter coverage but application is a breeze. I'm a fan of cream concealers but I wanted to shake it up a bit by buying a well-reviewed liquid concealer: The Balm's Liquid Time Balm (P875 at Beauty Bar).
The Balm's Time Balm cream concealer has a fan base of its own, so when they came out with the liquid version, expectations were high. I'm happy to say that the Liquid Time Balm is a good concealer - but not without a few caveats.
What I love about the product
- Heavy coverage. One dab is enough to hide a cluster of blemishes.
- Has Tea Tree oil, so this is perfect for acne-prone skin. It helps dry pimples quickly. I'm happy to report that I never broke out with this product though.
- A little goes a long way.
The Balm Liquid Time Balm concealer in Honey. It's a bit dark on me, since my face is lighter than the rest of my body. It works out though.
- No need to use a brush because of the doe foot applicator. I just blend it out with my fingers.
- Has a lot product in the tube at 10 grams (even MAC only has 7.5 grams).
- Not too expensive. It's P895.
- Lovely packaging. The lime green color is so refreshing! Such a nice break from the blacks and beiges and pinks.
What I don't like about the product
- The lasting power is pretty good even while I sweated and oiled up, but it fades a little at the end of the day. It's still there, but the darker blemishes show through. I think the problem is that the liquid formula is too emollient for our tropical weather so it doesn't set properly.
- Don't even think about using this for your undereyes. It creases like crazy.
The Balm Liquid Time Balm concealer is a good concealer even with the cons factored in. What really sets it apart though is the fact that it has Tea Trea oil. This is a godsend for acne-prone skin!
If you're really oily though, I would recommend that you try a drier concealer so this won't slide off.
I like it a lot, but I'm not in love with it. I don't regret the money I spent on it, but next time I'm just going to stick to my all-time fave concealer, the MAC Studio Finish. It's about the same price anyway, but the MAC concealer has a better shade match for me, plus I can rely on it to stick all day whatever the weather.