I got a MAC Studio Finish Concealer from Marionnaud when I ran out of my favorite Artdeco concealer (which I’ve been using since November, btw). This MAC concealer is an oft-reviewed product all over the world so I’ll make this quick and summarize everything you need to know about the product.
What I love about this product:
- Perfect shade match! I got my shade in NC 30. Always remember to get your exact shade when buying concealers. Picking one in a lighter shade will make you look like you have a fungi infection. On your face.
- Thick, creamy consistency. Easy to apply, easy to blend out.
- 7 grams. That might sound like a miniscule amount, but my Artdeco concealer is only 4.5 grams (pan is as big as half my thumb) but it lasted me for close to a year.
- Stays put all day. Minimal caking.
- SPF 35! This prevents your blemishes from darkening more due to sun exposure.
- Comes in sleek packaging. You won’t be self-conscious about whipping this out in public. It’s MAC!
What I don’t like about it:
- The price. Sorry, I’m cheap. On top of that, MAC has increased prices in the Philippines. I remember their concealers cost only P870 early this year. Now it’s P900 a pop.
- Doesn’t give the coverage I want in one swipe. I need to layer 2-3 times to cover my major blemishes. Too time-consuming. This is a huge deal for me.
So there you go. Everything else is ok, except the coverage. I’m not very happy about the coverage, I cannot emphasize that enough. I regret that I didn’t buy a Cinema Secrets Concealer when it was 10% in MOA during the major sale a couple of weeks ago. One pot is ~P1300 but the coverage just makes me swoon. It can cover your dirtiest littlest secrets.
Overall, this is a good product worth the investment. Will I buy this again? Hm, I don’t know. I’m sure there’s something better out there and I want to try it next. In the meantime, I’ll be sticking with this until I run out.