I'm 23 but the sad fact is that I still break out regularly. Sometimes it's before my period, often because I am trying out a new product for a review. I've heard from countless magazines that Mario Badescu is good for acne-ridden skin but thought that it's too expensive for me - wrong! It's quite affordable so I decided to buy the Mario Badescu Drying Cream (P795) when I was at Rustan's some weeks ago.
The Drying Cream promises to "heal and conceal under surface blemishes". I was a bit baffled about what the copy meant when it said surface blemishes, but I suppose it means pimples. The cream does heal pimples (albeit slowly), but I wouldn't recommend that it be used as a concealer since it's too white!
What I love about the product
- As promised, it dries pimples. I give it two to three nights, depending on the pimple's severity. Really bad pimples won't get worse if you use this cream.
- Great for pimple poppers (I'm guilty!). It covers up the wound, dries it, and sanitizes the area without stinging.
- There's a huuuge amount of product in the jar (14ml). Considering that this is only for spot treatments, one jar can last at least six months up to a year, depending on usage.
- Price is right. It's only P200 more expensive here than the US price ($14).
What I don't like about the product
- Has a strong Dr Kauffman sulfur soap smell.
- I really wish that this would dry once applied. Instead, it just sits on my skin until most of it gets wiped off. You can't use this during the day if you're going out - you'll look ridiculous, don't even think about wearing it under makeup. If you use it at night, most of it will be gone by morning.
I've used this product several times and I can vouch for its efficacy. However, if you want quicker results, you can give this product a miss.
The Drying Cream is for ladies (and men) who need something to stop their pimples from getting worse or at least cover up popped pimples. Apply a thick layer on the afflicted area and wait for the magic to happen.
I am torn about this product. It's ok, but it could be better. I heard that the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion is more effective and fast-acting, so I'll probably try that one next. In the meantime I don't mind using the Drying Cream to heal my skin.