The lipstick trend for this summer is all about fresh and bold shades. They're the colors that you can match up with gay sun dresses in florals or solid colors like white, lemon, orange, and lime. Hence, the Revlon Fire & Ice Collection is right on schedule! It consists of three new shades, with one classic red from way back in the 1950's. Here's my review of the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks in the collection!
What I love about the product
- I love all the shades. Temptress and Demure may need some layering to make it really stand out, but I love the sweet, understated effect they have on my lips. Siren is a standout orange, while All Fired Up is a memorable, flattering red.
- Satin finish, my favorite kind.
- Good lasting power. Eating and drinking does not remove the lipstick completely.
- The lipstick's texture is slightly thicker than normal, but I find that it helps with the lasting power. It's not waxy at all though, if that's what you're worried about.
- No scent, my preference.
- Classy tube black tube with the vintage Revlon logo in cursive. Fire & Ice's silver, old Hollywood bullet is beautiful! It's got a bit of heft too; it feels like a high-end lipstick.
- Affordable at P450 for the normal tubes.
Fire & Ice
What I don't like
- Rather drying. I need to use balm underneath or it will flake.
- The black tubes aren't bag friendly. The cap does't click on tightly and keeps getting removed.
- Temptress and Demure are not as pigmented as Siren and Fire & Ice
- The special edition tube of FIre & Ice is priced at P925. That's almost as expensive as a MAC lipstick! Well, at least the quality and feel of the lipstick is very good. If you're a fan of limited edition products in special packaging, this may be your thing.
Temptress is a blue-based pink, so this is more flattering on beige-toned skin, while Demure has a peachy tone which will work perfectly with yellow skin. Siren is a gorgeous orange, but wear it only if you're confident about the whiteness of your teeth; orange can make it look more yellow than it is. Fire & Ice is an all around friendly red so it's suitable for most skin tones.
If you MUST get only two (one loud and one for everyday) get Temptress and Fire & Ice!
These are great lipsticks as long as you use balm underneath. Fire & Ice is my new favorite red!
Interested in getting anything? Tell me what your pick/s are!