My MAC Eyeshadows
When I started getting into makeup, I would always ogle at beauty bloggers who use mostly MAC eyeshadows in their FOTDs. It seemed to me that the best eyeshadows in the world are made by MAC. I've always dreamed of owning a full customized palette, but I couldn't afford to start my collection since these eyeshadows aren't cheap at P870 per pan.
Three years down the road, I realized that there are other great eyeshadows that offer more value for money (like Urban Decay). Nonetheless I still want to complete a 15-pan palette someday even if I have to buy one pan of MAC eyeshadow every month or so! Haha. I actually just bought an empty palette after waiting for MONTHS for one to become locally available, but that's for another post. Today I'll just review the eyeshadows I have. Most of them I bought from Duty Free, while two came from a swap.
Predictably, they're all neutral. I want to start my collection with a solid foundation, hence the wearable colors. Later on I'm going to add more adventurous shades! For now I have some of MAC's more famous eyeshadows.
What I love about the product
- Extremely pigmented. I don't even need to use a base to make the colors pop.
- Amazing texture. Each eyeshadow is smooth and blends in without a fuss.
- Long-lasting; minimal creasing at the end of the day, even without a base.
- Well-milled and packed tightly so there's no fallout
- It will take forever to finish a pan since it contains 1.5 grams of product, plus you don't need a lot to get the intensity you want.
- Wide range of beautiful colors, with new ones being released every month. There's something for everyone.
- I really like that the eyeshadows can be placed in a magnetic palette. It makes organizing a set of eyeshadows easier.
All That Glitters (veluxe pearl finish) is a warm champagne shade that's perfect as a lid wash
Wedge is a matte neutral brown color that I like to use for blending out harsh edges
Amber Lights (frost) is a deep gold, almost coppery color could be a lid or crease color
Femme Fi (veluxe pearl) is a subtle white color that I like using for highlighting the brow bones
Texture (matte) is a deep tan color while Satin Taupe (veluxe pearl) is, as the name describes, a brown-gray shade
What I don't like about the product
- Nothing really. Cost aside, MAC eyeshadows are pretty awesome.
MAC is MAC. There's a reason why it's expensive. If you're looking for beautiful, high-quality, and dependable eyeshadows, then MAC should be among your first choices.
However, I'd just like to emphasize there are other cheaper alternatives out there plus you can't beat the value that you get out of eyeshadow palettes. There's really no need to buy a separate pan of eyeshadow if you're not personally a heavy makeup user, or if you don't practice makeup professionally.
Femme Fi, All That Glitters, Wedge, Amber Lights, Texture, Satin Taupe
Femme Fi, All That Glitters, Wedge
Amber Lights, Texture, Satin Taupe
I love MAC. Period. I like collecting things and I figured, I would rather spend my money on a brand that I know I'll use until I run out.
What do you think? What are your favorite eyeshadows?
PS If you don't know yet, MAC is available in Rustan's (Glorietta, Shangri-La, Gateway, and Trinoma) and Marionnaud in MOA. :) You can also find MAC in the Duty Free Fiesta Mall in Paranaque.