Cheap finds: Fanny Serrano Eyelash Curler
I've always wanted to own the famous Shu Uemura lash curler, but whenever I go there with my monies, I blanch at the thought of spending P1,000+ on a mere eyelash curler that doesn't even come with a refill. I know, I say that one should always buy the best products first to learn what true quality means and then find cheaper alternatives once you do. But right now I don't feel the need for a kick-ass eyelash curler - I can do with an okay curler because my Clinique Lash Power Mascara curls and holds my lashes pretty well.
So, while trolling Watsons for a new curler to replace my cheapo Nichido one, I came across the Fanny Serrano Eyelash Curler.
It's pretty famous in its own right, because I remember it having the Cosmo magazine stamp of approval. In fact its mini-version currently does! Seeing as it was only P175, I bought the full-sized curler.
What I love about it
- It takes only a couple of presses to curl my lashes.
- It makes my stumpy, stick-straight lashes show up and separated nicely.
- Doesn't tug or pull the skin and fine hairs if I'm careful not to let the presser get too close to my lids.
- Comes with refill pads sold separately. I don't remember the price but I do know they're very cheap too.
What I don't like about it
- Uhm, nothing really! It does its job efficiently and without much pomp. It is just an eyelash curler after all.
If you're looking for a cheap eyelash curler that works then this one is for you! Applying mascara after this is a dream. I suggest checking out the mini-version - it's designed for those hard-to-reach lashes near the corners of your eyes.
I like it a lot and I use it every time. Is this something that I'll buy again? Probably! That is, once I get over the doubt of blowing P1k on Shu Uemura.