Clinique Lash Power Volumizing Mascara
The only mascara I've been using in the past year is the Clinique High Impact Mascara. You can glean from the review that I didn't like it that much, but that was only at first! As soon as I figured out how to get the dramatic lash I want, this mascara and I have been inseparable. Even more so when I discovered that it's so easy to remove - wet with water, wipe a bit, and voila! All gone!
That said, I had high expectations of the newest Clinique mascara called the Lash Power Volumizing Mascara. The Clinique counter assistant tried it on me during my visit and I was impressed by the volume and length that it gave my lashes - with only one coat. Two coats and I get lashes that look like I'm wearing falsies, and that's an achievement for sparse and thin lashes like mine.
The best way to go about this it to just show you!
I know you might be thinking - wow, those lashes sure look clumpy! But that's because I haven't figured out how to apply this mascara properly. The trick is to work quickly because the mascara dries really fast, thus creating clumps if you attempt to do several coats without waiting for it to dry fully.
Why I love this
- Doesn't smudge or budge throughout the day. It's sweat and tear proof!
- No flaking that I've noticed
- Gives the promised volume, with lash lengthening to boot!
- Holds the curl of my lashes. You don't even need an eyelash curler, actually, but for extra oomph, go for it!
- The slender brush makes it easy to coat the hard-to-reach lashes
What I don't like
- Due to its no budge/smudge/sweat/tear formula, this mascara can be quite difficult to remove even with your trusty makeup remover. The trick is to put warm water on your lashes, then carefully wipe off. This takes a lot of work and you have to clean up the black bits afterward.
- Price. It's P1,300 per tube! Quite pricey for a mascara.
I love the mascara for the volumizing effect, but I think I will save this for special occasions when I need to look extra fab or when I need to do some heavy physical activity. I'll just stick with the High Impact for the meantime! I'm just too lazy to remove waterproof mascara.
If you're the kind of girl who needs a major boost in your lashes all the time though and need something that will not fail you for at least 12 hours, I would highly recommend this.